The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photoshop Contest #7

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member
Raditude is on a distinguished road
Default Photoshop Contest #7 Submissions

Alrighty, let's get this underway. Seeing as there is controversy surrounding my last win, I won't chop, nor vote in the next contest.

What we have here to chop is a VW Bus Splittie... Popular among the 60's and 70's counter culture, it still remains an icon of the hippie movement. Unfortunately, the hippies who owned this model weren't particularly creative with the paint job.

Here is the Hi Res Link:
http://www.bustedvw.com/wp-content/u..._t1_v_sst2.jpg

Have fun.

Last edited by Raditude; 11-27-2009 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:20 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Contreversy! bah! Every other winner has played. Don't worry about it man. Just have fun

**EDIT** wow i ahve never seen one of these as a convertable!

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-26-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lol, I was simply pointing out the fact that your system worked lol... You did do a nice job on the Chevelle... I'm not feelin this one, I may keep my meat hooks off.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

+1. This one has too many things going on in the background for me to attempt, lol.

Old 11-26-2009, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Try finding a new shot of the van then. maybe one that is a little less "close up"

Old 11-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
**EDIT** wow i ahve never seen one of these as a convertable!
It's really a Sunroof, but with a clothtop to open it.

Originally Posted by cbr995
+1. This one has too many things going on in the background for me to attempt, lol.
Yeah, I'll see if I can find another plain VW Splittie Bus. Some of the others I found weren't very good looking or high enough in resolution.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member

Ok. I found this one, but it has a reflection of the car across the street. The reflection was a problem with the first one I found (but didn't post).

Is this better, or should I search for a better pic?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This one is more "photoshop friendly" IMO, not as much going on as in the other picture, and more room to play around with resizing the background to make it fit.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

that would work better, athough I am STILL not sure how to go about this one. hmm...

Old 11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
BF Veteran

Tell me about it... wait, they're called minibusses right? hmmmm.

Quick Reply: Photoshop Contest #7