Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

2000 Blazer LS Side Trim

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 12:18 AM
SKIN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Blazer LS Side Trim

Hello all, I am new here and have done a search on this topic but found nothing.... I just bought my Blazer and it was purchased from Nevada.... As you know its hot there and the sun has totally yellowed my side trim. You know the trim that is near the bottom of the body that goes from front to back.... Its about 4" wide and has a crome center strip through it, that is what has turned yellow!!! I know this is a dumb question but do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this? should i just spray paint it? i really dont wanna go that route...please give me your opinions.. thanks! has this happened to your blazers??? i would think a 2000 shouldnt be faded like this...[&:]

Old 09-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2000 Blazer LS Side Trim

Did you ever get any help with your question? I was wondering what color it was originally?

Old 05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Jlee031 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey iam new here to but i got the same car with thak black trim i but it right before xmas and i live in chicago so its faded from all the salt plus the last owner was a mom and didnt take good care of it but last week i washed it my dad gave me this like stuff that i think is called hi gloss but i just rubed it on and it kined of worked at least it looked better

Old 05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This is alittle old of a thread, but here goes...

Don't know the answer to the original question, but black trim can be brought back to a nice deep black again with Mother's Back to Black. I have used it numerous times with good results. I know that it will remove old wax residue on textured exterior plastics VERY well.

Also, the new Turtle Wax ICE polish can be used on trim as well, but I have never used it on faded trim.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Jlee031 is an unknown quantity at this point

with that stuff if you touch paint or chrome will it hurt it

Old 05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think so, but I have never touched chrome or paint when using it...

From Mothers.com/Products
BACK-TO-BLACKĀ®

As your ride's exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with MothersĀ® Back-to-BlackĀ®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors-bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-BlackĀ® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.
I wouldn't think that a company as devoted to the care of everything automotive would create something that would harm your paint if you were to slip up.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 AM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point

if the ideas swart is giving you dont work...dont resort to spray paint...lol have them replaced, it may cost more but i guarantee it will look better... you get what you pay for