Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

black magic

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: black magic

Bah i just a 5 gallon bucket from the local detail shop. It works the best, also smells like bubble gum. I also use a stuff that comes in a blue bucket i forget the name but its silicone base and works very well.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'm real sure you spend that much money to have 5 gallon buckets full of dressings that it will take you 5 years to use just sitting around the garage.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Nope i do detailing plus i got it when i worked at Tiffany Coach Works so i got a killer deal.That 5 gallon lasts me about 6 months.

Here is the link http://www.allbritecarcareproducts.com/Main.asp

*Edit* by rabbit0102030 Combined consecutive posts. Please use the edit function to add details if another user has not yet replied.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

Nope i do detailing plus i got it when i worked at Tiffany Coach Works so i got a killer deal.That 5 gallon lasts me about 6 months.
Doesn't really matter, the point is, the person asking the question is not a detailer. He wanted to know what product is good to use, not where he can get a bulk supply. I detail my truck every week and it takes me 4 months to run through a 16 oz. bottle. So I seriously doubt that he wants to pay for a 5 gallon bucket that he will never get rid of.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 AM

Well you dont have to buy bulk from them, they sell quarts. I just stated that because that stuff is so i good i stock up on it because i use it alot, sorry i should leave that out next time if its causing people to get upset. Lets try to focus on the thread.

FImports- I use the prlc dressing from them and it works extremely well. Its doesn't leave a greasey feel to it like Armor All and maguires and you cant put it on plastic , tires , leather etc. so you get more bang for your buck.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:43 PM

Nobody is getting upset here, so chill. All I'm saying is that there are much better alternatives to what you are suggesting. It doesn't matter what size they sell in, they have expensive product, and he would have to wait for shipping. He could easily go to a local store and purchase one of the aforementioned products, and have it the same day. There is nothing wrong with Armor All, yes it is greasy if yiu use too much, but it works as well as anything. Since you are a "detailer" I figure you would know that when you use too much dressing it will cause this greasiness or overshine. Did you read my write up on detailing where I specifically state that less is more when it comes to interior dressings?

Armor All- Inexpensive, does not cause cracks (don't know where you heard that), not an appealing scent, can be greasy when overapplied

Black Magic- mid-expensive, pleasant cherry scent, very small amount goes a long way

Meguiars- Expensive, very pleasant smell, long lasting shine when applied correctly to a clean surface

That is pretty much how they break down, but mainly it is just a matter of opinion, all personal preference. I prefer Meg's, but I used to prefer Black Magic, Meg's just came out with better products and improvements in my opinion.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 PM

Well your comming off being very condescending, and i dont like armorall on rubber cause it does make it grease no matter how much you use of it. Plus over time it tends to destory plastic dashes. Its happened to me before on my astro van, google armor problems you will find tons of problems people are having. at the time i did.

Import - if you dont like to order stuff then i would go witht he gold class interior protectant, it works extremely well with leather and plastic/vinyl.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

Well your comming off being very condescending, and i dont like armorall on rubber cause it does make it grease no matter how much you use of it. Plus over time it tends to destory plastic dashes. Its happened to me before on my astro van, google armor problems you will find tons of problems people are having. at the time i did.
YOU don't like Armor All. Not everyone else, that isYOUR opinion. Dressings will not be greasy if you apply them liberaly, you can argue that with me until you are blue in the face, but it won't change the simple fact that it is all in your application of the product. I have never heard of a dash being destroyed by a product intended to protect it. You had a problem with it one time, and I don't remember saying that I preferred Armor All in the first place. If Armor All was destroying dashes left and right thenit wouldn't still be available.

As for me being condescending, I'm not, I just know what I'm talking about. I don't mod this section because I was sitting in the last seat when the music stopped. I happen to have an extensive background in detailing, paint, and body. My truck is my proof. You tend to think that since you are or were a detailer that everyone around you knows about all the detailers secrets, and can perform them for another matter. I don't think that way. I give everday people who most likely don't have a background in detailing or paint and body work, everyday information or reccomendations based upon what the everyday person can perform and buy in the store.

Now, let us please get back to the topic at hand.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Me, I don't like armor-all because of the shine it produces... Armor All destroying dashes is a myth.

I just dust my dash and every once in awhile I'll use some meguiar's on a rag... I can't stand shine though...

I've never used black magic... I have bounced between turtle wax, meguiar's, and mothers for the last 15 years. They all have their merits. I will never by mass quantities of a product because I tend to use one thing for a year or so, then switch to something different just to try it out.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM

I agree with you there Kyle. I tend to lean to Meg's because it has more of a satiny finish rather than the gloss you get from Armor All, and can you believe they make an extra glossy formula too?! I used to like having the gloss thing going on, but it just attracts to much dust for my taste.

Quick Reply: black magic