Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

clay bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Beginning Member
98jblaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clay bar

just used the mothers claybar wax have to say has a great shine like glass i have used ice claybar but it didn't come with the clay the claybar is much nicer shine and wouldn't you know it the next day it rains

Old 04-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I need to clay bar and wax my truck and my wifes car.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

I used the Ice brand clay on my Escalade when the ceramic brake dust stuck to the side. It was the only thing that worked to get it off. Smoooooth as silk now. Great stuff. Now as far as Ice wax goes, you can keep it, it just plain ol' sucks. Stick to a good carnauba wax.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I used the ICE liquid clay bar. It was the biggest waste of 3hrs I ever spend buffing. It made no difference at all and just added an extra few hours to my waxing time. needless to say that was the first and last time I ever used it..

I have an actual mothers claybar at home (no liquid junk) which I haven't gotten around to using yet, but will soon hopefully.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

The actual clay bar works best. I was never a fan of the liquid stuff.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
I used the ICE liquid clay bar. It was the biggest waste of 3hrs I ever spend buffing. It made no difference at all and just added an extra few hours to my waxing time. needless to say that was the first and last time I ever used it..

I have an actual mothers claybar at home (no liquid junk) which I haven't gotten around to using yet, but will soon hopefully.

X2! Tried when it frst came out. (ICE)

Mother's Clay Bar is good stuff, still have some of it left. Worked great on my Z28 when I had it.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:17 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

I used the actual clay bar that came with the ICE kit, not the liquid crap. The bar works.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:41 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm a huge mother's fan... when I get my truck fixed (Paint the rockers) I'm going to clay bar and buff it.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

I usually go with Mothers but got a Meguiars clay bar kit for free... I'm not convinced its worth the extra couple hours of labor

Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you keep your truck nice, clean, and a good coat of wax on it, a clay bar won't give stellar results. Especially on lighter colors. Lighter colors (except white) do not show dirt like darker colors do.

After the first clay bar application on my old '01 Bonneville SSEi, it just seemed like a waste. I kept that car well washed/waxed year round and would strip the wax off every spring so it makes sense that most of the debris would not make it to the paint.

Quick Reply: clay bar