Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Door dings...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
mdk681 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Door dings...

I am about ready to freak out... Today I go to my truck to go to class and notice 2 fresh door dings in my drivers side door. Those 2 add to another 2 that were already there; this has brought me to the edge! Does anyone know a do it yourself way to remove these small dings? I know there are apparent "kits" out there that claim to work flawlessly... Anyone have any experience with this matter or have any suggestions on taking care of these?!

I have gone to a body shop and asked about getting them removed, and all I can say is my pockets are not deep enough to drop this kind of cash... Especially being a college student to start... [>:]

Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Door dings...

If you really went heavy duty, you'd have to get inside the door and probably knock them back out with a rubber mallet maybe. I have a few random dings that I don't think I could ever take out, including on my hood. I have bad damage from it being dropped on a shop floor. My hood is heavy and basically double layered, so I could never get inside it to knock them back out.

I also have a huge dent on my rear from it being backed up into a pole.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=20473699
Me and my friend tried removing it with that suction cup tool, but the damn thing wouldn't budge. The entire truck was rocking back and fourth but that dent was just smiling at us.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

If you use hot water and dry ice you can take out the dents, first wash the area, then dry it, use the dry ice on the dings then a cup of hot water per ding and they pop right out, just watch out for hot water flying at you when you do this.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:13 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

does the dry ice method really work? our area got hit by a big hailstorm last may and i got maybe 12 new dings across the top of my truck. i researched a lot of different methods and i have come across a lot of mixed reviews.
i asked a guy at a dent-repair shop and he said it will work if you know exactly what you are doing. he also said if you dont do it perfectly, there is a chance it can crack your clearcoat. then again, he is the owner of a dent-repair shop and he obviously would rather have them do it for me than me do it myself

Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

it worked for me on 1978 metal dont need it on the t-10 yet, But I will use it again if I have to.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can it get out something like the dent I have on the back of my truck?
There's pics if you wanna see.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

lets see the dent first. If its on the cross bar in the gate then there not really any method short of a body shop that will be able to get it out.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

for those of you who dont have a myspace account, this is the picture he linked to above.

sadly, the dy ice trick wont work on a dent that large. its only supposed to work on coin sized dents

Old 11-29-2007, 04:50 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks like a body shop dent to me, it looks like it has a pretty good crease at the bottm and top

Old 11-29-2007, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I call it a dent. There ain't much ding to it.

Quick Reply: Door dings...