Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Door dings...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:34 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Door dings...

I forgot about that, I'm gonna have to host my pictures from another site. I was hosting it from my myspace just for quicker linking. Sorry about that guys.
But yeah, that dent is from becking up into a pole. Someone else was driving my truck when they did it, but it's pretty bad.
I do have a big dent on my hood though from it being dropped in a shop while getting a rebuilt engine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/IMG_3379.jpg
You can see the dent on the front of my hood.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:47 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i think i would just save up and let a body shop smooth out the whole truck and have it re-painted.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
sdm1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg that's quite a dent! what the hell hit you??

Old 01-02-2008, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

For those 2 dents + paint in my shop (judging by what I see) you'd be looking at about $750, in Vancouver, Canada. []

Probably only cost you about $600 in gas, round trip.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Beginning Member
JMorton is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Wal-mart and get a couple of cans of that canned air computer guys use for blowing out keyboards and such (Dust-Off?).
Take a hair dryer out and heat the area of the dent for a minute or so. Immediately tip the can of Dust Off upside down and spray the area for a couple of minutes. When the can is upside down, youare spraying liquid CO2 which is VERY cold. This will shrink out minor dents with no paint damage. Works just like using dry ice but without the hassle.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

What you can do is take off the interior panels inside to access that part of the body and knock it out safely!!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
honkeetonk is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have quarter sized dings try the paintless ding/dent removal - i got it done on my old car and it worked great it was about $80 to get 2 dings out. Basically what they do is get in between the door and massage the ding out with a hot compress and roll them out

Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: JMorton
Immediately tip the can of Dust Off upside down and spray the area for a couple of minutes. When the can is upside down, youare spraying liquid CO2 which is VERY cold. This will shrink out minor dents with no paint damage. Works just like using dry ice but without the hassle.
Those canned air things are actually Difluoroethane, which boils at -13*F. Dry ice (CO2) is a solid, and turns to gas (sublimation) and that occurs at -108*F. Aside from the adverse health effects of difluoroethane (there is a reason the cans say never shake/tip, not just because it's cold), there isn't really enough temp difference to make the metal pop.

Stick with the dry ice if youre gunna try the hot/cold method

Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

ORIGINAL: JMorton
Immediately tip the can of Dust Off upside down and spray the area for a couple of minutes. When the can is upside down, youare spraying liquid CO2 which is VERY cold. This will shrink out minor dents with no paint damage. Works just like using dry ice but without the hassle.
Those canned air things are actually Difluoroethane, which boils at -13*F. Dry ice (CO2) is a solid, and turns to gas (sublimation) and that occurs at -108*F. Aside from the adverse health effects of difluoroethane (there is a reason the cans say never shake/tip, not just because it's cold), there isn't really enough temp difference to make the metal pop.

Stick with the dry ice if youre gunna try the hot/cold method
lol a friend of mine had one of those cans and we were messin around w/ it tippin it upside down and sprayin it and stuff. and ya that stuff gets really really cold o ya also a good thing to wear a mask or something cuz the odor that it omits is horrible and its one of those odors u can taste in the air too so ya just watch what u do w/ those cans

Old 02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point

That taste is a bitterent that is added to deter junkies from inhaling it directly to get high. As long as you're in an open area you'll be fine......although I have a hard time believing it'll actually work, but if it does let us know