Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

ever get made fun of for detailing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ever get made fun of for detailing?

hey guys, im on my third year in college and while im there i like to keep my blazer look'n shiney. since my blazer is parked in a lot mon-fri and usually only driven on weekends, since i live in the dorm, it really doesn't get too dirt too quick. i go to the do-it-yourself car wash every couple of weeks. for some reason every time i go, i get crap from people. all of my friends kind of make fun of me. they call me OCD and obsessed. I try to tell them about the importance of detailing and how it can protect the paint and rims and all that. I also tell them that your car or any other possession you have is a reflection of yourself. basically if you keep your truck/car look'n real good, shiney and clean, it shows that you are a clean and shiney person. basically a quaility person who takes the time to take care of what he/she has. My dad has a masonry business and he always tells me the importance of keeping the trucks, machines, and all the equipment clean. I tell all my friends all this and they still think that I am crazy.
Has anyone you know ever made fun of you or gave you any crap for wanting your truck that costs a lot of money and that you love to be clean?

Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ever get made fun of for detailing?

I don't get made fun of, but I know what you mean. I'm repainting my chipping rust bucket hopefully this month and for some reason I have to was the inside and out every friday or saturday.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean.
When I had my fullsize truck that was lowered, I used to wash it every weekend, especially in the winter. It kept the undercarriage from rusting as fast. My neighbors used to give me crap about washing it in the garage when it was 10 degrees outside.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:06 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

i get good remarks from my neighbors but thats about it. Oh and for some reason people keep staring at my truck, and its not the music :P

Old 07-07-2008, 10:18 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I used to get crap from all my neighbors, but the funny thing is that now, you'll see most of my neighbors out washing and detailing just as much and not saying a word

Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

nobody bugs me about it, i usually wash it every weekend just because of the small amounts of sawdust that gets on it from work.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

wanna make them flip out even more, Instead of waxing it some weekend get a can of pledge furniture polish and 2 good clean towel rags,, spray the polish on one rag and then wipe with the other it doesnt ruin the paint and still leaves an outrageous shine, and yes it beads up like wax when it gets wet,,, I have a 1984 elcamino that i used to put in shows and was in a car club with it 23 trophies later people still say i`m nutz,, also like with any waxing, dont do it in the sun..

Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i know exactly what you mean. My friends just gave me sh*t for putting $500 into getting alot of rust spots fixed and repainted. But then again alot of my friends dont have jobs so 500 is alot for them and their cars are not very nice.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
MaSmith is an unknown quantity at this point

I also know what you mean. One guy at work said I was in love with my blazer. I don't wash it like I used todid my others. I live in a apartment and it cost me 6 -8 bucks everytime I go to the car wash. So I head down there at least once a month.
The pledge works very well on the tires, it gives it a flat black look.
Just remember theres more to keeping a vehicle up than just engine maintance. The body and interior is just as important in my book.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Blazer man1998 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, im glad you guys had similiar experience. this one girl i go to school with always tries to tell me its a waste, as it will just get dirty again. i've seen her kick her door shut. these things make me cringe lol. but she actually became interested and asked me if i would wash her sebring. the rims were so dirty it took an hour for each one (not literly lol) but she couldn't believe it. she didn't even know her rims had a gold tint to them. and she noticed for the first time all the scratches she had. it looked like a cat walked all over her hood. anyways thats my ramble. i bought my blazer and i want it to look good and represent who i am.

Quick Reply: ever get made fun of for detailing?