Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

ever get made fun of for detailing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
FoxTrota is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ever get made fun of for detailing?

I know EXACTLY what you mean, My neighbors who live next to me and across from me think i detail or "wash my car" every day, they don't see what I'm doing really they just assume i'm washing it everyday. They're pretty nice neighbors but they can get on my nerves.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
MemphisBlazer99 is an unknown quantity at this point

i get heckled for cleaning my truck as well. i absolutely love the truck. but its something i bought with my own money, and i invested all of my own money into it as well. so you take pride in something you put together. My truck i take off roading and around the block, but i always want it looking clean. my stock rims are never break dust covered, but the cars my first car. its a good characteristic to have to take care of what you own. i spend hours cleaning my friends show car BEFORE we drive to the show and once we get there. its never bad havin a fresh, clean lookin car.

Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

my 98 S-10 was a construction truck until 2005.....
People ask me all of the time if its an 02 or an 03

I am one of those guys that WILL Spend my only day off cleaning the truck

Where I am stationed now, it is critical... I live about 70 meters from the Gulf

Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I wash my 04 Stang almost everytime I take it out. People know I take care of my stuff but I do get teased for taking an entire night to wash a car.
oh well.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Me and about 3 friends make a night of detailing our cars. We all go up to the do-it yourself car wash and spend about 2 hours washing and cleaning. Then we just sit there taking about cars, girls, gaming, whatever comes up.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:23 PM
murderedc230 is on a distinguished road

Usually girls give me a hard time about it. I detail other peoples cars for a living too and they still give me a hard time with it. Then if I dont, they give me a hard time about asking for money or having a dirty *** car lol.

I'd rather have the beating for having a clean car cause they enjoy it eventually.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

well one of the Guys at work is a Jeep **** ... in other words if it is not a Jeep then its worthless ... so even when i run through the car was at work he gives my grief... let alone when I have it in the shop to do work on it wether it be custom work or just regular repairs

Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

i love to detail cars
i detail my own, wax, wheel polish, tire cleaner, window cleaner, interior wipes, etc
i also detail my parents trucks for them and my sisters car

Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member
crash93ssei is on a distinguished road

I used to get ripped on for it, but now all my neighbors and co workers pay me to do their cars for them because they can't believe how they look when they are done. Even people that bought their cars brand new bring them to me and when I am done they say that the car didn't even look that good new I have even done a few boats!

I go all out though. When I am done there is no swirls and only the very deep scratches left, leaving a shine and gloss that is absolutely amazing. Not to mention that it takes me anywhere from 8 - 15 hours just to do the outside!

I don't use car washes either unless I go just to use the pressure washer. Car washes are evil and scratch the crap out of your paint!

As said above, let them rip for a bit. Eventually the will come around and like it!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
young murph is on a distinguished road

yeah i used to get crap all the time from my friends about how i'm obsessed and i have ocd. but whenever my car was parked next to any of theirs mine stood out and made theirs look bad. now they come over when i'm cleaning my truck so they can wash theirs