Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

gear oil in carpet

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Beginning Member
JMorton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: gear oil in carpet

Try a can of ether, engine starting fluid. Works great on grease that gets on the carpet.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Haha..but then you have starter fluid in your carpet!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Beginning Member
JMorton is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Haha..but then you have starter fluid in your carpet!

Nope! It lifts the grease out and the remainder evaporates with no residue. Been doing it for years in the big truck shops, even in my house when I track in grease. Works like a charm.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

be careful as mentioned already Simple green has bleach in it ... It will stain the carpet...I`m sure no matter what that smell will always be there unless you put a million little tree air fresheners in it...

Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea I can still smell gas in my blazer on hot days from when the jetski gas tank tipped over in the back

Old 02-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The bleach in simple green is new to me... I have used it in the laundry with my work clothes without issue.

Well, this kinda confirms that...

Source - SimpleGreen.com

Simple Green is one of the most versatile all-purpose cleaners you can buy! It’s non-toxic and biodegradable, without harmful bleach.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran

Haha oh dear..[sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 02-22-2008, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Simple green seems to be the all purpose multi use cleaner for all sorts of things!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:42 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I can say for sure that it stains aluminum......

ok so whats in it that ya have to do this? Always spot-test on an inconspicuous area (such as in a closet or spot that’s covered by furniture,) before cleaning large or prominent areas. This is to make sure that your carpet is colorfast and compatible with Simple Green

Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I keep a 50/50 mix in a spray bottle in the shop for cleaning up stuff. My parents car had an oil leak one day when they pulled into my driveway. Sprayed some simple green on the asphault and let it sit for a bit. Hosed it off and the oil was gone. As I already said, I use it to clean my work shirts/pants with grease and oil on them. Also use it to wash my shop towels. Both come out very well. Too bad the washer doesn't fair too well. I always end up cleaning it out as it'll get a ring of gunk at the water line that comes out of the laundry. Wife really hates that when I don't get all of that stuff wiped out. LOL

*EDIT* - Never have tried it on any aluminum, but I don't doubt it. Aluminum gets stained fairly easily though.

Quick Reply: gear oil in carpet