Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

good wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:41 PM
FImports is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good wax

trying to bring back the shine on a 92 s-10 blazer.need help

Old 12-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: good wax

Does it have a good clear coat? If the clear is poor, you may have to use a slightly abrasive polish, but be VERY careful not to burn through the clear. If it is really poor, wet sanding may be necessary, but again, you MUST take your time and be VERY careful!

As far as good waxes, I have always liked Meguiar's NXT line of waxes. I always use paste waxes because I think they work better. I liked the depth of shine from the new Turtle Wax Ice, but it is not a wax and as such, it doesn't fill in the light scratches in the finish.

Here's a link to my review of Turtle Wax Ice - NEW Turtle Wax ICE!!. I don't know if the links to the full size pictures are going to work. For some reason since I moved, I cannot get my web server to work properly...

Old 12-05-2006, 11:55 PM
mikeywaynebygod is an unknown quantity at this point

i always use meguiars. works good for me.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:08 AM
FImports is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the help

Old 12-06-2006, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

dont forget the terry cloth

Old 12-06-2006, 02:42 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

If the paint is good, use some ZAINO, its expensive but its the best. Cant get it in stores, gotta search for distributers on the net.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I've used ZAINO and, IMO, it wasn't worth the additional cost. It didn't last any longer than the Meguiars NXT paste did on my Bonneville and you can only tell the difference in depth/shine from <5ft and it PERFECT lighting. I didn't purchase it, but rather used a friends bottle right before a meet.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

buff with cloth baby diapers....lol sounds crazy, but its a very soft pure cloth... works well for shine.... I used to driva a black vehicle.... shane was hard to come by... I dont care with the blazer... its white....

Old 12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

I've used ZAINO and, IMO, it wasn't worth the additional cost. It didn't last any longer than the Meguiars NXT paste did on my Bonneville and you can only tell the difference in depth/shine from <5ft and it PERFECT lighting. I didn't purchase it, but rather used a friends bottle right before a meet.
Good to know that someone out there has had a crap experience with it, I havnt heard anything bad about it yet. I only know about it thru high end guys with the dinans and f430's some vipers and turbo vettes, the money guys, they swear by it and it did a fantastic job on my blue paint.

Aaron, 3M makes a cloth that blows baby diapers out of the water, I used to do the baby diaper thing they got retired to grease rags after I found the cloth from 3M, Im not sure about store buying but I got em from a detailing supply guy when I worked at a body shop

Old 12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Oh, by no means am I saying it is a crap product. Quite to the contrary. I really loved the look, but it was very similar to the shine/depth produced by Mequiars products. My experience with it doesn't make it worth the money and hassle of getting more of it.

Not to mention that most of the time I don't know how much of anything I have in my garage. I only know when I'm out of something when I need it. Running down to the local Walmart to buy another tin of NXT is by far easier than waiting for something mail/internet order to show up at my doorstep!

And on the towels. I use microfiber towels and 3M has some of the best microfiber towels.

Quick Reply: good wax