Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

good wax

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:29 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: good wax

Gotcha, what kinda meguires do you guys recommend though?

I used the pro line(tan bottles) when I had paint worth giving a crap about.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe... Without going back and counting I think I mentioned Meguiar's NXT paste wax about 2 or 3 times already. LOL. Stuff goes on super easy and comes off just as easy pretty much no matter how long you leave it on. I will typically do 2 coats and call it good. With NXT I can put 2 coats on in the time that the old Mequiar's Gold Class took me to do one due to how easy the NXT is to get off.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:41 AM
prototype80 is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody tried that fuzzy ball thing you put on your drill and spin it for your wheels and stuff? i always use meguiars on my cars and trucks.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:52 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Hehe... Without going back and counting I think I mentioned Meguiar's NXT paste wax about 2 or 3 times already. LOL. Stuff goes on super easy and comes off just as easy pretty much no matter how long you leave it on. I will typically do 2 coats and call it good. With NXT I can put 2 coats on in the time that the old Mequiar's Gold Class took me to do one due to how easy the NXT is to get off.
Thats because it has more of a water base then gold class does, same with " The Wax Shop" products, meant for speedy application and removals.

Prototype, the powerball? no but every time Im at the store I have the urge to pick it up.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:43 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle has this one nailed guys! NXT paste is a really good product. The guy's my brother gets his Kandi colors from, reccomended it as the only paste wax I should use for my paint. He said 2 coats once a month and a liquid wax, such as ICE by Turtle Wax, or Meguiar's In-Between Spray Wax once a week would keep my paint protected and shining.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:25 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I use Zymol wax. I bought it at Advance Auto parts. I think it was like 13 bucks. It worked awesome on my blazer. I could see myself like a mirror. The shine lasts a long time.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

meguiars gold class is good stuff... The zymbol is also a good product if your paint is old and kinda dirty... It has a polishing compuond in it. If the paint is old, use a polishing compound like turtle wax polishing compound and then wax with something else to restore it.... like meguiars gold class.... however the zymbol is like two in one, but after repetitive use it becomes very hard to buff off (swirl free) of darker colored paints... used it for 2 years on a black truck and had to use an electric buffer to get the swirls out, but man does it shine...lol

I used the polishing compuond method with good quality wax to restore the shine on an old cadillac... worked very very well....

Old 01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

you cant go wrong with gold class or nxt. i use gold class more but i actually like nxt more just dont have any right now

Old 01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I too prefer NXT over Gold Class. I just think its easier to apply and remove with very similar results in depth and shine.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:09 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the shine looks different. gold class looks like a brand new paint job. nxt has a real wet shine to me i dont know maybe im just weird.

Quick Reply: good wax