Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

ICE Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 04:05 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: ICE Liquid Clay Bar

I used it today, along with Turtle Wax Ice, and boy does it shine. Course it only took a few minutes for a think layer of pollen to form =(. Anywho, here is a pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2600/B626932244C646F7ACA46A7670DDE952.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I like the fact that you have the bottles sitting on the windsheild. Almost like you're adverting!!LOL. I like the liquid clay bar, but I like to use my regular clay kit most of the time. The liquid clay bar couldn't cut through the thick layer of sap residue I had on the top, but the regular clay bar got it out after about three applications.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:05 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I have a huge tree that hangs over my driveway from my neighbors yard and I get all that [sm=smiley35.gif] on my truck too. I usually run it through the car wash first and then wax it. I recently got a tip from a good freind of mine (not here) to wash with dawn dish soap first, that will remove the old layer of wax and whatever else is on the finish. Then you use one of those Mr. Clean auto car wash things to rinse spot free, and then you clay bar, polish, and wax. It will shine more cause you actually clay barred the finish and not the old wax on your car or truck. The good thing about the turtle wax stuff is that it is oil free so you can apply it in sunlight and it will have the same effect as if you applied it in the shade. And yes, I am showing off by putting the bottles on the windshield.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:50 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally we are supposed to have a clear weekend. So, my homie is gonna bring his S-10 over and we are gonna do both my truck and his with the clay bar. His is a mess, so it will be the real test!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran

Used it on mycousin's Suburban, its like brand new now. I run a little detailing buisiness on the side and i make cash, I have only done about 6 vehicles so far but the Suburban was the first I used it on... I did't really like the application directions. Instead of just rinsing the vehicle and applying it, I completely washed it first. It worked very well though.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
tyhackman15 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you guys use this, do you apply it to a wet car after you washed it, or after you dried it? I wasn't sure on the directions, so i'm holding off on using it.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:51 PM

It comes with a lube. Clay barring isn't for everyone, you can seriously damage your paint if done improperly. Read the directions and do exactly as they reccomend.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran

There is a wash polymerin the chemical, so yes on a wet car...

I recommend washing the car thoroughly instead of doing as the directions say and rinsing. When I use my liquid clay bar, I don't want to be rubbing dirt around on my paint. Just a suggestion!!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

Every auto clay bar is the same. It don't matter which one you use, you can use it wet or dry, don't matter. I have used most, and the cheaper ones work the same as the expensive ones. I paint cars for a living and use them to get clear overspray off the other panels when yours just painting a certain part. It don't matter HOW much you mask the parts up, they STILL get oversprayed!!

Old 06-03-2007, 11:05 PM

Ummm....I painted my truck myself and there is absolutely no overspray.

Quick Reply: ICE Liquid Clay Bar