Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

ICE Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:06 AM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ICE Liquid Clay Bar

like i said when you paint the whole thing you will not get overspray. But when you paint half a car and mask up the other half with the clear 3m plastic, there is always overspray.

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

Ummm....I painted my truck myself and there is absolutely no overspray.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:34 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone else used it? What for? Did you like it?

Old 06-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I still am working off my Mother's Clay bar kit and have another Meguiar's Clay Bar kit on the shelf. Never know when you slip and drop the clay. I always toss it out and get a new one.

I should be doing the clay treatment to my Rainier sometime in the next month or so. The paint isnt too aweful bad right now.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:44 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool, I picked up the product this weekend, and then my fiance's car got crushed by a sign that fell down on top of it! [:'(]So, it seems I have to wait once again before I get a shot at using it. [:@]

Old 06-07-2007, 01:27 AM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point

my dad is a big fan of the mother's clay bar and u guys have been saying good things about the turtle one so i got confused when i was buying one, because i have no experience with any haha; i was at the store yesterday lookin at the ice and mothers and i didnt decide on one, who has used both? which one gave u the better results?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Depends on what you want it to do. If you have overspray on you paint, I reccomend a mothers clay bar or a Meguiars clay bar. The liquid clay bar is different, it will not take out very heavy deposits in the paint, but produced shiny results. Try a conventional clay bar and then try the liquid clay bar and see which you like best.

The mothers product and the Turtle wax productis completely different.

California Gold® Clay Bar System
You’ve heard about clay bars—professional detailers, body men and your car buddies all talk about how they work. Now use the clay bar everybody wants. Created to remove the particulate debris and contaminants that washing and polishing can’t, our exclusive Clay Bar System will remove embedded grains of metal, tree sap, airborne environmental deposits and paint overspray. Better yet, our clay bar isn’t hazardous to your paint—it’s just firm enough to pick up the bad stuff, without being too aggressive. Use Mothers® Clay Bar to get rid of paint fouling grime and pave the way for complete waxing.
#07240 includes 80 gram Clay Bar, 16 oz. Showtime® Instant Detailer, 4 oz. Carnauba Cleaner Wax.

--------------------------------

[/align]
Liquid Clay Bar
Turtle Wax® ICE™ Liquid Clay Bar is a revolutionary new way to deep clean and restore your car's finish in a fraction of the time it takes with traditional clay bars. A unique triple layer formula consists of a scratch & swirl remover, cleaning agents and an exfoliant that work together to provide outstanding cleaning capabilities.

Product Benefits
[ul][*]Easily removes minor scratches, swirls marks, tree sap, paint overspray and embedded dirt and stains that ordinary detailing clays leave behind.[*]Creates smooth as glass finish on all paintwork, fiberglass and metal surfaces.[*]Does not contain harsh abrasives that can scratch or scuff your finish.[/ul]

Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 PM

alright so the mothers is more for heavy deposits. i think my car has salt in the paint (have no idea thats everyones best guest right now, but we arent very experienced since where im from theres no need to salt the roads when it snows an inch at most haha), so would it be better for that?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

It depends, I'd use a normal clay bar on it, Mothers or Meguiars. The conventional clay bar will take most residual salt, dirt, tree sap and bugs out of the paint.
All you do is spray on the deatiler (acts as a lubricant) and then rub the clay across the wet surface until you can't hear it picking up anything, wipe off the detailer and then wax it.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:42 AM

alright thanks man, ill try that out when i wash my car next

Old 06-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

I use ICE Liquid Clay Bar, Meguiars NXT Gen Wax, and ICE Liquid Polish, and let me tell you what I love the shine that I get! Sooo purddy

Quick Reply: ICE Liquid Clay Bar