Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:35 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Nobody seems to mention it, clean the glass and blade with rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol
You get a lot of grime oily crud on the glass especially if you do lots of highway driving

I am not a fan of the glass treatment on the windshield probably because 95% of my driving is highway speed and find if I run the wipers it leaves a steak trail behind the wiper

Love the treatment on side and rear tinted glass
I find with dark tint at night add rain the less water on the glass the better

Old 11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexazz2
Nobody seems to mention it, clean the glass and blade with rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol
You get a lot of grime oily crud on the glass especially if you do lots of highway driving

I am not a fan of the glass treatment on the windshield probably because 95% of my driving is highway speed and find if I run the wipers it leaves a steak trail behind the wiper

Love the treatment on side and rear tinted glass
I find with dark tint at night add rain the less water on the glass the better
Yes on the cleaning the blades. Interesting note to that. The wet wipes that you get from lets say, buffalo wild wings, work REALLY well for cleaning wiper blades.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 PM
er0ck273 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Yes on the cleaning the blades. Interesting note to that. The wet wipes that you get from lets say, buffalo wild wings, work REALLY well for cleaning wiper blades.
yea I am guilty of using alcohol wipes from my works first aid box haha, also guilty for cleaning my blades while working (i work outside)

Old 11-03-2014, 07:21 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carid
LeWhite, if everything is ok, the arm spring is tight, I guess the best would be just to replace the wiper blade.
Will this advertiser masquerading as a poster address my problem product?

Old 11-03-2014, 10:11 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

He gave you two replies already. Sorry if you didn't like them. He is not 'masquerading' as anything. He is both an advertiser and a poster.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by rriddle3
He gave you two replies already. Sorry if you didn't like them. He is not 'masquerading' as anything. He is both an advertiser and a poster.
Maybe as an advertising member of this blazer site he could pass the word upstairs to design that there could possibly be a problem with the drivers wiper having too much curve for a blazer windshield. Or he could suggest it is a user problem.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Since the S-series is a dead model and has not been made in 9 years, I doubt that anybody at GM would care.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:25 AM

Could it be that the plastic used in the foil of the blade expands when exposed to sunlight, as the problem blade worked for the first two weeks. And the additional curve is a benifit to the pass side. IDK

Old 11-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Starting Member
jpimp is on a distinguished road

I've had nothing but problems with any blade on my 99 mini Jimmy. They all seem to streak.
But, then I tried the Trico Exact Fit, and now every thing is clear.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:16 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by LeWhite
Could it be that the plastic used in the foil of the blade expands when exposed to sunlight, as the problem blade worked for the first two weeks. And the additional curve is a benifit to the pass side. IDK
Easy fix, flip flop the driver and passenger blade. who cares if the poassenger sie is a little streaky. IMO

Quick Reply: The Importance of Winter Wiper Blades and Glass Treatment