Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Junk on my glass

Old 09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
thebigcheese109 is on a distinguished road
Default Junk on my glass

For some reason I have these spots on all of my windows and my windshield. They will not come off and am afraid I may have to replace windshield. In the picture they are the little blob light spots. Please help.

Attached Thumbnails Junk on my glass-dscn1365.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Beginning Member
MachNU is on a distinguished road

Cant really tell from the picture. It could be a few things. First thing I would do to try and figure out if its in the glass or on the glass. Try spraying the windshield with some type of window cleaner, and cleaning it with a razor blade. If the particles dont come up its in the glass. Then it could be either bad acid rain, which would need to be buffed off, or its tons of pits from tiny rock/debri chips over time, and then replacing the windshield is the only other step!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

If i'm seeing the picture right then I have the same on my Blazer, I think its like hard water stains so to speak, but I have'nt figured out how to get rid of them yet except for major scrubbing

Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Biohazed View Post
If i'm seeing the picture right then I have the same on my Blazer, I think its like hard water stains so to speak, but I have'nt figured out how to get rid of them yet except for major scrubbing
Water stains are different on glass. Hard water stains etch into the clear on paint, on windows they dont, since its a solid material vs. clear. What your seeing is Acid Rain. More common on cars in northern or heavily industry areas. Only way to remove that is buffing the window with a rotary, strong compound, and a nice thick wool pad. His looks more like pits in the window from tiny chips over time!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yeah looks like pits too... try a razor blade, or some steal wool. if that wont get it off your screwed

Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It looks like water stains to me too. I have them on my sunroof glass. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I heard one of the only ways to remove it is with steel wool.
Have you tried any type of cleaners yet like simple green or super clean? What all have you tried to get it removed?

Old 09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Hit the windshield with a clay bar. You will be surprise how much crud it takes off.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Beginning Member

FOR THOSE SAYING TO USE STEEL WOOL! DO NOT USE IT! Steel wool is meant for cleaning metals. If you take it to a windshield you will make tons of light scratches. For water spots...called acid rain...only way to remove those is with a rotary buffer. Like already stated use either a razor blade or a very aggressive clay bar.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a nasty film of crap on the outside of a junk yard window that wouldnt come off with anything.

i ended up using some buffing compound and an old sock. scrub real hard in circular motions, let it dry and scrub real hard again. repeat if necessary.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM
thebigcheese109 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help guys. I asked a few people I know and they said the same things. So far I have tried steel wool, really hot water, white vinegar, and scrubbing extremely hard. Before I started looking into it I tried cleaning it with windex, but since I have stopped.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Junk on my glass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.