Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Oxydized Glass - How to clean??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Beginning Member
loomdog32 is on a distinguished road
Default Oxydized Glass - How to clean??

I cant get the water spots off the glass... Any tips??

Ive tried several different "glass cleaners" and no luck.. Same with Simple Green and CLR..

Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this may sound odd, buttttttttt.. I bought a paste wax made esp for glass. I got it a few years ago and works outfreakin rageous... What you could also use if ya cant find that stuff ,pick up sum Mcquires Cleaner wax.. do small spots at a time... when i find my glass wax i`ll respond with the name of it..

Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Did you try vinegar and water? or try this...
Here's something shown to me by an Auto detail guy, He's been in the Business for 20 years that I know of so I was interested in his advice on clean windshields. Get some Steel wool, # 0000, or super fine, and pick up some Automotive Cleaner-wax. Take a piece of the Steel wool and put a generous amount of the cleaner on it AND the Windshield, now VERY GENTLY use a swirl or circular motion and "polish" your windows, after you do an area you just buff it out like you would a cars painted surface. Take your time and do small sections at a time, I generally do mine in 1/4's. After you have buffed your windshield clean, use some Rain-X and give it a coating. You'll be amazed at how clean it comes out, and the Rain-X not only helps with water but also bird droppings, tree sap, etc. I know this sounds like an invitation for tons of scratches and I was skeptical until I watched this guy do it on a customers car. I've been doing this with my windshield for at least 10 years now, and not a single scratch. Hope this helps.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

you need 3 things,

1). clear coat buffing compound
2). paper towels
3). about 10 minutes of your time

Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

I went along similar line to what LuvMyTJ said. Except I used #000 steel wool and some plain old turtle wax. It takes a little while, but the results are amazing. Here is some before and after pics that I took of my rear windows.

BEFORE

AFTER

All I did was rub a thin layer of wax on the window and then buffed it off with the steel wool. Then after you are done clean it with a good window cleaner. I recommend "Stoner's Invisible Glass" and then treat with RainX. At first I was skeptical taking steel wool to my windows, but as you can see from the results I got; It DOES work.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

very nice, that looks like it works pretty well.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

it almost looks like something in the soap you guys use... Just the way it ran, I can honestly say I've never had that happen... I just have a pitted windshield from the original owner sniffing tail pipe on the highway.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member
David Reeves is on a distinguished road

Hard water leaves those mineral streaks. White vinegar with microfiber cloth or newspaper will get it off. It is all work no matter what you do. I try to hire someone else and then tell them how to do it. This works real well especiall since I cut my fingers off.