Detailing Discuss detailing your Blazer within.

Replacing Head & Parking lights on 98 LT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing Head & Parking lights on 98 LT

I have a 98 Blazer LT with the factory headlights and parking lights still attached. I want to replace those with after market clear lights to match my all clear taillights.
I am a little confused though on how to replace my parking lights when I also have factory fog lights. Will new lights just replace the orange portion or will I have to take my fog lights out? Also, if it just replaces the turn signal portion, where can I get updated fog light replacements or do they not exist?
Heres a picture from when I bought it of the front end.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8991/DD9018D94B1C4350A471850E30167C29.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-16-2008, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Replacing Head & Parking lights on 98 LT

most clear turn signals are meant for the trucks without the factory fogs. aftermarket ones will replace all of it, orange part and the clear part. there is only one set i have ever seen that is made so you still have your foglights, its made by APC. there arent any aftermarket fogs that will fit the same as the factory. my fogs are faded very badly and through LMC truck, their like $50 a piece.

i'll try and find the clear turn signals that keep the fogs

Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

APC no longer exists...

Old 01-17-2008, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i was talking to thebrettster in live chat a week or two ago and he sent me a link to a site that was still selling the APC foglight-capable turn signals...

only problem is i dont remember what site it was

found it. its $75 shipped and theres only 1 left... you're lucky i didnt buy them instead of giving you the link. i want them but i would need to buy new fog lights for them to look good

APC Corner Lens for 1998 - 2003 Chevy S10 Blazer

Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the link, the picture doesn't do much justice to the product though. So you're telling me then that if I get clear parking lites (other than those) I won't have the option of my fogs anymore? Is there any way to buy aftermarkets and just hook the fogs up inside somehow?

BTW- If you want to purchase those lites go right ahead, I just started back to school and may not be able to upgrade anytime soon.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 PM
BF Veteran

nah, i still have 4 books i need to buy for this semester and im thinking about getting a remote start/alarm thing. im not gonna get the lights...

im not positive who it was but someone recently tried to stuff in some lights in aftermarket turn signals and had some problems with it. ill try and find the link

here ya go... New Lights Installed

a lot of aftermarket turn signals (like the ones friehawk got) look like they could squeeze in a bulb in the empty socket

Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Starting Member

Um.. yeah, I don't think I will be doing that. I have no idea how to wire anything up, suprised myself that I actually know how to get my computer up and running..lol That's definitely more modification then I'm willing to do. Idk now those lights are starting to look better. Thanks for the links, saves alot of time going through this website.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem a while ago. In the end, I decided to keepthe stock units in. There is a set available, it is sold at Andy's Auto Sport made by In Pro Car Wear. Problem is, you have to swap out the fog lamp factory wiring harness and replace it with the supplied harness and bulbs (which are 3057 styled bulbs I think). If you decide to go this route, I have these corners and will sell them to you at a cheaper price and they are still brand new. Just opened the package to see if it would work. Check the classifieds for my post on them along with pics.

Blazerforum member JST4SHOhas these rare APC corner lenses on his, maybe check his photo gallery or at least his avatar.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:47 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I think those APC's look pretty good...

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks to JST4SHO for the pic

The nice thing about the APC's is they still have some amber reflector... Most places require some sort of amber reflector on the front/side... It's just loosely enforced