Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Blazer Performance Mods?

Old 10-06-2004, 05:56 PM
Halflifezr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer Performance Mods?

Ok,

Well first off I want to know if the whole Air Intake Mod actually works. You know the one that advertises everywhere for every car that says it will give you 20+ HP.

Also I was curious about any performance chips. What are the best ones out on the market?

Thanks!

Justin

Old 10-07-2004, 08:04 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Performance Mods?

I have a cold air intake I got off ebay....it's a no-name brand but it works all the same...All what you're paying for is the name anyway. Mine works great and it costed me about $60 with shipping. No problems what-so-ever. As for the 20+ HP gain...I'm calling bulls**t. All of the sites that I've seen say something like 10-15 (maybe 20) and in small print under it saying that it depends if you have some other engine mods or not. My CAI increased power and torque...but defintaly not 20 hp. Yeah, it's worth it but unless you go with a mass air flow sensor, bigger throttle body and a new exhaust system....don't expect too much. The chip....I'm not too for sure about it...I've heard bad...I've heard good. A lot of people go with a power programmer like Hypertech.

Old 10-09-2004, 04:53 PM

Thanks For the reply.

I ordered a CAI off of ebay for $60. So im just waiting on that now. Im not sure what i would like to do about the computer but i would like to do something to make the air/fuel ratio and governor a tad bit better.

Do you know if they make and turbos for these things?

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2004, 05:23 PM

I haven't found any turbos yet (or if they even make them) but I have found superchargers though. As for your govenor...my brother said that you can take it off. He'll be home in a day or so, then him and I'll will take a look at it and see if we can take it off, then I'll let you know. As for your air/fuel ratio...a mass air flow sensor should do you pretty good. It also depends on how far into moddin your eninge you want to go go too. A air/fuel ratio gauge, mass air flow sensor, CAI, larger throttle body, a set of pulleys, full exhaust sytem, electric fan and you'll be WELL on your way to show those other blazers what's up. When I got my CAI, the instructions were hand written but that isn't a big deal...it's easy as hell to install and takes about 15-20 minutes. Let us know when you get it put on.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:23 PM

Well i got in my Cold Air Intake the other day...I havent installed it yet, probably because im too lazy to go out into the cold parking lot to install it but i will install it this weekend. Some of the rubber connectors look a little small though...hopefully i didnt get screwed. (Thats the bad part of college, no garage)

Anyways, I was just curious as to what you and you brother came up with about the governor thing.

Also do you know where i could find a electric fan upgrade?

Thanks Again!

Old 10-15-2004, 07:32 PM

My brother and I haven't done anything yet...he's still getting settled in. For the electric fan upgrade...
www.truckperformance.com I know have them
www.stylinconcepts.com might have them. I always compare the prices between the two sites.

Old 10-16-2004, 05:40 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the ebay intake plus if you take the screen out of the mass air flow sensor it will give you a lil more gain(not much but it helps)"free mod"..... i have been hearing on dif forums thats what everyone does when they put on a CAI.(the screen) also you can get an electric fan off ebay *** well...you well pay double what you pay on ebay for the same fans you find in these performance websites and they work just as well.....you just need to find a fan that fit in where you stock fan was.... i bought a 17" efan on ebay for 30beans name brand......

Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 PM

$30????!!!! Wow, I know where I'm gonna go next! That's cool about the screen mod. Free mods are always good. I'll take mine out and see what happens.

Old 10-16-2004, 09:01 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point

freebies are the best! if i had a MAF sensor, id be all over that!

Old 10-16-2004, 09:26 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

im all about free thats right around my budget

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blazer Performance Mods?