Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Blazer Performance Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Halflifezr2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer Performance Mods?

Ok,
Well i am going to go with a computer tuner mod for my blazer and i was just wondering what your opinions are on the following ones i have found.

-Hypertech programer
-Jet stage 2 module-
-Venom 400 Module

I was leaning with the Venom because i have heard a lot of good things about them and they are really cool, but i still am not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
2001Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

I read that cuttin out the screen on the mass airflow sensor is bad to do. The screen is there to help spred out the air evenly for the lil sinsors. It could cause you to run a lil rich or lean. Any one else ever read this befre???

Old 11-11-2004, 03:47 PM

Cutting the screen does absolutely no performance mods...And especially nothing that you would even notice.

The chances are that if you do try and remove the screen you would damage one of the sensors...The screeens are there for a reason and with the little sensors i would bet that they are there for a positive reason.

This is not a freebie mod...because it aint free if you damage your MAF. Just buy a CAI. Which REALLY Helps!!! And i mean really! Now i pull away down the highway all the way till the governor with no problems.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
timetoblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Halflifezr2

Cutting the screen does absolutely no performance mods...And especially nothing that you would even notice.

The chances are that if you do try and remove the screen you would damage one of the sensors...The screeens are there for a reason and with the little sensors i would bet that they are there for a positive reason.

This is not a freebie mod...because it aint free if you damage your MAF. Just buy a CAI. Which REALLY Helps!!! And i mean really! Now i pull away down the highway all the way till the governor with no problems.
first, no you prolly wouldnt notice a dif but it is a popular mod that..many people on a lot of other s10 forums do this mod... so the impression i get is that it is a legit. mod.... second you will not damage any of the sensors taking out the screen...when i took my screen out i stuck my finger down the MAF and touched the screen lightly and it fell out no prob... as far as spreading out the air better for the sensors to read it, air is air the sensors are going to read it no matter what... you will not damage you MAF by taking out the screen....

Old 11-12-2004, 04:14 PM

Speaking from experience when I tried to modify the screen on my Porsche 944 turbos MAF sensor the screen was very hard to take off and in turn i damaged one of the sensors from moving it around too much....probably just because it was a porsche and the sensor was very accurate so after the i took the screen out it starting running very lean. This also has something to do with the ARC-2 fuel controller but still I dont believe that taking out the screen can give you more power, or more air....Possibly the screen may interupt the flow of air, but you are still getting the same amount of air.

Either way...If you want to take the screen out...dont drop the sensor. MMM...I may actually take out my screen now just based on the fact that it does interupt the flow of air....But is there a possibility it could read too lean?

Old 11-13-2004, 05:33 AM
01xtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

Just like time toblaze said...air is air...it's going to get through no matter what. Yeah, having the screen probably restricts air flow but not that much. I don't know how a screen can help disperse air flow more evenly though. But I'm not the engineer of the engine. After all, it is a modification...no one is making anyone do this. So take it out or leave it in, it's all based on your opinions. I think that I'll just buy a Grantelli MAF instead and be safe either way.

Old 11-14-2004, 03:19 AM

i agree....

Old 01-06-2005, 01:25 PM
Grkblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I ORDERED THE K&N CAI FROM EBAY. INSTALLED IT IN ABOUT AN HOUR. AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT IT MADE A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE IN POWER AND SOUNDED LOUDER--NICE! I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MODS, ONCE I SLAPPED ON THE DUAL EXHAUST IT MADE IT EVEN BETTER.

-JIM

Old 01-07-2005, 01:30 AM

it was one of my fav mod as well.. cant beat that sound