Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

cylinder 1 misifre help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Anabolic is on a distinguished road
Default cylinder 1 misifre help

i replaced the coil/plugs/wires has new cap/rotor on it...

the plug still won't spark
what can be wrong wuith it and how can i get it to spark?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Vehicle info? Considering this section could be discussing anything from an old points style distributor to the new EDI system, it really is important... Gets old asking though.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 PM

sorry, my friends 2000 blazer 4.3 4x4

Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What brand were the 'new' parts you installed?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM

i got them from advancedauto,
not 100% sure on the brand, the cap/rotor are new and on there previously. although i took them apart and cleaned the minor grim off the connection

i used old/new plugs to check cylinder 1 plug and it still wouldn't fire so i doubt it;s the plug/wire portion..
maybe cap/rotor?

Last edited by Anabolic; 04-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

These trucks really run best with delco.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Many people have chased misfire problems only to find the 'new' aftermarket parts from the chain stores were faulty out of the box.

One thing you can try is to mist down the wires at night with the engine running, truck located in a dark place with all lights turned off.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:10 PM

what i did was disconnect the wire from the plug, installed a new wire/new plug on that wire and fired it without it installed and no spark no matter what i did to cylinder 1..

do you think it could be faulty cap/rotor? wouldn't it cause more then 1 cylinder misfire?

b asically i am out of options i replaced nearly everything that would cause a misfire and can't get the plug itself to fire.. it's not a dead cylinder.. it's getting good gas/compression..

just no spark on that 1 and i replaced everything (besides what was new) that would cause a misfire..

what faulty part would cause this?

Last edited by Anabolic; 04-09-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Cap/Rotor??? Maybe there is an internal fault in the cap. You won't know for sure until you replace it yourself.

Are you sure that the #1 wire is fully seated in the cap?

Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Wouldnt it be funny if he looked at # 2 or 4 and it was firing twice!

Quick Reply: cylinder 1 misifre help