Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Fuel system problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:49 PM
codereddanger84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel system problem

Hey guys im new here and i need some help. Okay my blazer will start for about 1-2 minutes then it dies and it wont start for another couple of hours. Just replaced the fuel pump and filter a week ago. Im completly stumped now. Turn the key to the on postion and i can hear the pump turn on, then pulled the fuel line off the filter on the engine side got covered in gas so its not clogged. I checked those then i got it to start at idle the passenger side injector was a little clogged but was fine once i reved the throttle a little bit. It ran for about 2 minuets then it stopped getting gas, so i loosend the fuel line to the back of the throttle body to see if there was still pressure in the line and there was. I dont know were to go from there. If anyone has any thing else to try i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the help guys.

PS: does anyone have a exploded view of the throttle body or know were to get one from. Thanks again

Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 AM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fuel system problem

umm im not sure but i could be something having to do with the spider distributer for the fuel injectors- Take your question to s10forum.com/forum they will have answer for you right away (post it in the 262 c.i. forum)

Old 12-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Fuel system problem

It would help to know what year we are talking about here. It almost sounds like a security system problem where it can not verify the key and kills the motor. It could be something as simple as reprogramming your key to the truck (requires a dealer I believe) or it could be that the ignition is bad (place where the key goes). Both have been know to happen from time to time.

If you have verified fuel, then I doubt that it has anything to do with anything from the fuel taps at the intake back to the tank. Like I said, depending on the year, some of the newer blazers have an anti-theft system that could be malfunctioning in your case.