Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

hesitation at the stop

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
thebaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hesitation at the stop

2000 blazer 4.3 vortec..had new wires,dist cap,fuel pump,and injectors cleaned,still randomly hesitates at a full stop wet ,dry morning or evening.any thoughts? any ideas?thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 07:48 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road
Default RE: hesitation at the stop

Hesitates as in what? bad idle or slow to accelerate?

Old 01-26-2006, 03:25 PM
thebaf is an unknown quantity at this point

when you give it the gas the engine jerksaand sputters,never stalling, before it takes off

Old 01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the EGR valve is stuck. Pull it off and give it a good cleaning with some sensor safe carb/throttle body cleaner. Get a new gasket and slap it back together. If you can see carbon buildup in either of the ports where the EGR bolts on, try to clean out these ports because that will only flake off and clog up the valve again.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with the egr valve. Have a form of cleaning the intake out that I am scared of and only use in EMERGENCIES, but will proceed to mention. Making sure NO ONE ELSE is near car, and you are in drivers seat, protected. Remove egr and try to start engine, if it runs, shut it down quickly. All kinds of junk will fly out, all over the place. Cleaning this up will take a while if you didnt cover things a bit. Like I said, desperation makes for strange aproaches. Seafoam like mentioned in other posts will keep intake a lot cleaner. Yes the egr will still also needs cleaning.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:10 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

Agree with the egr valve. Have a form of cleaning the intake out that I am scared of and only use in EMERGENCIES, but will proceed to mention. Making sure NO ONE ELSE is near car, and you are in drivers seat, protected. Remove egr and try to start engine, if it runs, shut it down quickly. All kinds of junk will fly out, all over the place. Cleaning this up will take a while if you didnt cover things a bit. Like I said, desperation makes for strange aproaches. Seafoam like mentioned in other posts will keep intake a lot cleaner. Yes the egr will still also needs cleaning.
I like that little fix. Should he disconnect the harness from the EGR? What will fly out? carbon and black smoke? I just might try that too. Outside of the barn of couse!

Old 05-18-2006, 01:08 AM
meggles is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me were the EGR valve is. My 93 blazer is running like crap and everything points to the valve. but I can't locate it. Its a girl thing