Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

LS1 swap??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
smdepew1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LS1 swap??

I don't see much talk on here about swapping a LS1 in place the 4.3.....I was thinking about attemping this swap...anyone done one?....I have a96 2wd blazer....I know the tranny bellhousing is different and I know I'd need the entire engine ***. wiring computer and all I am more interested in general fit....I assume since I have seen a few 350 swapped into S-10 that they will fit but what does it take exactly

Old 04-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: LS1 swap??

The 350 swap is much more common because of the ease of doing so. As with anything, you can do it, but it'll be $$$... I have a friend at work that has an LS1 in a '70 Chevelle. They make kits that make this easy for early PCM-less vehicles. Heck, on BonnevilleClub.com we had a guy put a Series II 3800 supercharged (L67) motor from a '99 into a '90 Bonneville SSE, while retaining the best of both worlds (so to speak). He fully integrated the electronics and all!

Anything can be done, it's just a question of what it is worth to you.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:42 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Blows resale value when you mess with factory installations. If you really want a V-8 in a midsive SUV and want to stay with the GM product line then buy a Trailblazer!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY BREAK IT NOW!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2006, 02:21 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out a company called Jags That Run, or JTR for short. Do a websearch for them. They will sell you a book on the v8 swap. Covers everything needed to do teh swap, including the parts,a nd where to get thm. IF you shop around, you can use all GM parts for the conversion. Make it look stock.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:25 PM
sunadaime is an unknown quantity at this point

get the ls1. if you can swap a ls1 into a prelude then getting into a blazer is no prob.. im looking into getting a ls2

[/align]

Old 10-26-2007, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Deffinitly go with the ls swap, more power on demand. The t.v. show Trucks I think it was did the swap and extra stuff to an s-10 for under 10,000 bucks.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Starting Member
mojoman13 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya the ls1 iswicked.
i saw a new gen blazer at the track that had a ls1 in it and man u cant beat the look of those corvette valve covers in a blazer
the guy also had NO2 and some stuff that i had no idea wat it was on that engine and it ran 11.5 in the quarter mile

( not the truck i saw at the track )

check out this site for more pics so u can get an idea wat u want.

http://s10v8.com/myegallery.php?&do=...;orderby=dateD

Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 20Blazer00

Blows resale value when you mess with factory installations. If you really want a V-8 in a midsive SUV and want to stay with the GM product line then buy a Trailblazer!

IF IT AIN'T BROKE WHY BREAK IT NOW!!!!!!
I've had people say that when I said I was going to put a Cobra motor in my Cougar... Guess what.. if I'm going to go through that trouble of making it powerful, selling the vehicle is the last thing on my mind. Nothing is better than a good sleeper, IMHO.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 AM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Deffinitly go with the ls swap, more power on demand. The t.v. show Trucks I think it was did the swap and extra stuff to an s-10 for under 10,000 bucks.
i saw that show too. but i dont think they used a ls1, i think it was just a gm 350 crate engine.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I seen the JTR site and they do a pretty good job at the older Blazers. But where can you get a book like that for the newer Blazers. When the motor blows in mine(long way off I hope) but would like to get most of the things I need (start collecting). I also hear you have to get rid of the4X4 option as well

Quick Reply: LS1 swap??