Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

LS1 swap??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Red Hot 98 is on a distinguished road

I read somewhere about a guy who swapped an LS1 into a ZR2 but then decided that wasnt enough power so he put the LS2 in it. All while having 4x4. And with the right amount of cash you could probably do just about anything. But i have a question for those of you who may have done the LS1 swap.... I have a 1998 4dr blazer with 4wd, would anyone happen to know of any links that could help me out with this? Im thinking of also doing an SFA swap, would that help me with the engine swap at all? I've got some awesome plans for this thing and dont plan on getting rid of it snytime soon. Any help you may have is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by swartlkk; 10-20-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Merged duplicate posts and removed duplicate info.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Beginning Member
spooky is on a distinguished road

Hi, new here and saw this post. Thought I would help cause I am currently in the process of doing a v8 swap but not the ls1. Going with and 5.3l. Figure it has enough HP and Torque to do what I want to do. It is going to cost you some cash, but if you can buy parts as you go along that is great.

s10v8.com is a great source for parts needed for your swap.

The most costly item is going to be your wiring harness, unless you do it yourself. I do not have the website for that since its on my laptop at work, but the price on it was over 900 cash. It was a hassle free wiring harness. Currently looking for a cheaper one.

If anything else, PM me and ill get back to you.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:37 PM

Alright, thanks Spooky, ill keep that in mind

Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member
1fast4.3 is on a distinguished road

if somone here actually does this swap take pics the enitire time and keep track of how much you spend doing so. i wana do the ls1 swap in my blazer. idk somthing about popping the hood and thier being an ls1 sittin under the hood is really kool to me.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Beginning Member

How much you spend is entirely up to you. I'm going to say bare minimum would be around $2500 mark. That is what I am up to with a 5.3l. That is not including wiring harness, computer flash, tranny rebuild kit, gears, posi track, and the little odds and ends.

I bought my 5.3l for around 500, plus tore it apart to check/machined. Some new brackets and assy. pieces.

All that I have now is what is done to the 5.3, motor mounts, radiator, headers, bigger throttle body and a couple of other things I can not remember.

Its going to cost money. If you have any spare from your check. Start investing now.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Wow... alot of "non-regular" members in this thread lol... Nice to see that.

Anyway, Check out xtremechubs Xtreme LS swap in the making. https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48/2002-xtreme-v8-ls-swap-34022/

Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Beginning Member

Yea. Saw that build, looks pretty sweet. Was going to go all out like he did, but convinced myself not to. I did however put a bigger cam, rockers, springs and valves on my motor. Just things to help out the top end gain. Was thinking about putting the ls1 intake on, but guess I never got around to it. Too late now =)

Old 11-11-2009, 03:29 PM

yea 1fast4.3 i know what you mean, i look forward to seeing that LS1 under the hood of my blazer and like he said if anyone is doing this swap PLEASE post your pics and if you have any tips please share. And also i am still trying to plan for a SFA swap. So if anybody is doing this swap, also PLEASE post your pics. lol. this would help me greatly.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer327 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jims performance will intergrate your s10 harness and the Ls1 harness(Z28/Vette/whatever) and make it one harness for a HELL of alot less than 900 bucks. Theres no way of knowing how much or how long it will take on doing somthin like this. Best is to just dive into it and work on it as you can afford it. As long as its not your daily. Youd hve to be Jessie James to do somthin like that in a weekend

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Beginning Member

I was looking at putting everything just about new as I could. Figure since wires can go bad, might as well put something new in there. Where I found the one I was most likely going to was Current performance. Still deciding on what I still want to do with the wiring. Time will tell when I get there. Still trying to see if a newer from 04 to early 07 cluster would work. But from what I see is kinda confusing as far as the hook up goes. Wires dont make any sense. Will post it if I find out how it works.

Quick Reply: LS1 swap??