Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

need help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 PM
atl_finest is on a distinguished road
Default need help !!!

i am having a major problem my 97 blazer will not turn over when i try and crank it up. i have had everything checked from the battery, the starter, to the alternator and i have done a full tune up on it but i still do not get a response from the truck turning over to start. this is the craziest thing i have ever seen and in dont know what is wrong can someone help me?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 PM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

check fuses, could be a blown ecu fuse......idk. thats weird

Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 PM

i just put a new ignition switch on there tonight and im going in the morning to get my battery charged to see if it cranks but ill be sure to check the fuses also. thanks

Old 06-26-2012, 12:53 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

You need to do a fuel pressure and leakdown test. Key on engine off should be 55 to 60 psi with no drop within the first 10 minutes. Could be just a plugged up fuel filter ot the pump is about dead. Can you hear the pump run with the key on?

Old 06-26-2012, 09:26 AM

yea i can hear the oil pump when i turn it but that is it no turnover

sorry i meant fuel pump lol

Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Ok, you can rent a fuel pressure gage from autozone. Do the test and post back your numbers.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

Ok soo let me get this straight so i can help you out, you put the key in and the engine doesnt turn over, just does nothing, thats what i get from this post.

do you get any clicking noises from the starter?
if not i would check the voltage at your battery with a multimeter, than crawl under the truck and make sure you have the same voltage at the starter. if not than you either have a bad fuse, corrored connection, or a bad wire. also check out your relays and fuses.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by war00
Ok soo let me get this straight so i can help you out, you put the key in and the engine doesnt turn over, just does nothing, thats what i get from this post.

do you get any clicking noises from the starter?
if not i would check the voltage at your battery with a multimeter, than crawl under the truck and make sure you have the same voltage at the starter. if not than you either have a bad fuse, corrored connection, or a bad wire. also check out your relays and fuses.
yea i just left oreillys and the guy told me to check the relays the thing is i have no clue as to knowing if any of the relays are good or bad and no i dont get any clicking noise from it at all

Old 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

with the key on locate the the starter relay you should have power on 30 and 86. with a fused jumper, jump 30(b+) to 87(starter solenoid). and with any luck she will start or at least hear a clicky click at the starter. another way to tell is go to the starter solenoid with the key locate the small wire going to it and see if you get power if not the relay, fuse or ign switch is bad.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by war00
with the key on locate the the starter relay you should have power on 30 and 86. with a fused jumper, jump 30(b+) to 87(starter solenoid). and with any luck she will start or at least hear a clicky click at the starter. another way to tell is go to the starter solenoid with the key locate the small wire going to it and see if you get power if not the relay, fuse or ign switch is bad.
ok thanks now i just have to go find out which one is the starter relay