Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Starting issues

Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 PM
BuddaBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting issues

I am working on a 1989 4.3 l with the 220 EFI.
my friend was driving one day and then it just died...ever since then it won't start.
The fuel pump is new, only a few days old,filter the same.When I crank it only drops of gas come out or none at all, the relay is working also ( new ).Treid putting gas into the the throttle body and it turns and starts but then dies..theose bloody injectors arn't shooting any fuel.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Sorry for this late comment, but, hi to you all

Old 12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
BuddaBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Starting issues

So I guess nobaody has any ideas to this problem

Old 12-04-2005, 02:42 AM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

I would ask Swartlkk...he is the shiznit with FI probs

Old 12-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So you're the reason why I keep getting PMs, drkmelvin...!!! ERRGH...

Anyway, as I have stated in my PM reply, possibilities include a kinked fuel line, bad fuel pressure regulator, bad fuel pump, and/or a cracked fuel pickup tube. Other than that, I don't have a clue.

*NO SMOKING FOR THE REMAINDER OF MY TROUBLE SHOOTING STEPS!!!*

I'd inspect the fuel lines. If they look good, then take the fuel filter out and direct the line into a bucket and energize the fuel pump to see if you get fuel. If you don't, your problem lies in the tank and you have narrowed down your issue to either the fuel pump itself or the fuel pickup tube, but I'm not sure if you're pump uses a plastic fuel pickup tube or not.

I guess... Well, you said that you only get drops of fuel out at your injection system (btw, what system are you running on it?)... Have you checked fuel pressure? Like, will it come up to pressure if you give it enough time. If it will, then your FPR (fuel pressure regulator) is still good. Then you have a flow restriction somewhere in the system between the filter and the fuel pressure test port.

Old 12-06-2005, 04:24 PM
chevylane2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

just fixxed that on mine. take the ignition control module and have it tested also check the two ecm fuses my control module was dead and come to find out it controls more then just the timing. controls the injection, air fuel as well. a new one costs around 30-35 bucks.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 AM
jimmy91444 is an unknown quantity at this point

same thing happened to me ,2 day's after changing my gas tank.When i put my tank back on, i forgot to tighttend the ground cable.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:36 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha.
Seems to be a trend. After I replaced my fuel pump and fuel filter my ignition control modual also died.