Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

Thinking of doing an engine swap?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member
smaldo95 is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of doing an engine swap?

Hey I was wondering if there is anyone on here to help me out. I have a 98 blazer ls 4x4 4.3L , lifted. I need help on what do I need to do a v8 swap. I want to do a LT1 but idk what exactly I need or the year of the engine I need(if that matters). so can yall help me out?

Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

98 or newer. Also because you have lifted your truck your center of gravity is higher with a bigger motor your center of gravity will be effecivly higher still. The bigger motor will make your truck faster. Please post pictures of the ultimate result.

Last edited by LeWhite; 01-19-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM
Beginning Member

Ok do you know what kind of radiator and electronic fan i would need and this wont be for another 6 months or so because i need to get everything first.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Beginning Member
irrigationguy is on a distinguished road

smaldo95,just did this type of swap last summer,if you have any ? be more then happy too help, mines a 1999 4 door 6inch lift 2 inch body 1995 corvette lt1, 1998 and up you'll need to run two computers one for motor and one too run abs cruze,gas and gages, and radiator is a corvette reverse flow and dual fans.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:08 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by irrigationguy
smaldo95,just did this type of swap last summer,if you have any ? be more then happy too help, mines a 1999 4 door 6inch lift 2 inch body 1995 corvette lt1, 1998 and up you'll need to run two computers one for motor and one too run abs cruze,gas and gages, and radiator is a corvette reverse flow and dual fans.

irrigationguy, Ok cool. So of im understanding right I would have to run my computer and the computer for the LT1 just to run engine. What type of programming would I need for them? How long did it take you to do this swap ? And if I get a complete engine with wiring harnesses and computer would I have to buy a S10 v8 swap kit or can I use my stock motor mounts and everything?

Old 01-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Beginning Member

ok what I did is ordered a wiring harness from current wiring performance it is all plug and play out of the whole harness I had too splice two wires very nice work but it takes 6-8 weeks to get one, also sent my lt1 computer to him for programing.the motor mounts need to be replace the 4.3 mount for 2.8 with small block mounting plates,your best bet is order the kit with headers and oil pan. I can put together a list of venders so your not searching all over the place.i have a photo bucket ill post for you....as far as how long I started march 2014 back on the ground October still a lot of work to do but im driving it around. just too let you know theres no cheap way of doing this swap.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Beginning Member
Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by irrigationguy
Hell of a blazer lol. But yea i know it not going to be cheap im willing to spend hopefully no more than 3500. And yea the links would help alot of you could post em. So if you dont mind me asking how much did u spend minus the lift just for the swap.and is it honestly worth the time n effort and the shock of people seeing a blazer with a 5.7 ? Lol

Old 01-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Beginning Member

I have alittle over 7000 into it but went with everything new also running a/c march perforemance kit nice kit but by doing this it moved everything forward 4 inchs givng me no room for cooling had too cut the support and drop the radiator in it an the ac condenser on the outside by grill.ok too start prep the engine bay if you look at one of my pics you'll see motor mounts and shock towers those sock towers have been moved out 1 inch on each side this is because of headers so there is welding involved you don't have too move them youll see there reel close to close for me.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Beginning Member

heres this guy got me started on mine..https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...version-62667/

Quick Reply: Thinking of doing an engine swap?