Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your Blazer's engine insides here.

valvetrain

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 PM
mike97blazer2DR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default valvetrain

does anybody know where i can get a valvetrain kit?...i want to get a performance valvetrain...i want everything from valves, lifters, rocker arms, vavle springs, etc. can anyone give me a good place to get them?

Old 09-27-2005, 07:21 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: valvetrain

Try COMP(etition) Cams, Crower, Crane Cams and also Edelbrock or GM Performance Parts...

Old 09-28-2005, 01:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm not mistaken, many of the performance parts for the earlier 350 v8 will work with even the newer vortec 4.3L v6's. Before you run out and buy the parts, please verify it first. As soon as I start my new job, I'll take a run over to our local pick and pull and see if I can't find a blazer in there and take some stuff apart. I know that they have some old caprices in the yard that have the LT1 and some with some older 350s. I'll swap some parts next time I'm there to see if things atleast look right.

As with anything though, you really should get verification from manufacturers before attempting it. I'd love to put in a set of higher ratio rocker arms on my Bravada to liven up the top end of the power band, but I am hesitant because I don't know what the piston to valve clearance is stock. With higher ratio rockers, I could risk hitting the piston with a valve and messing up a bunch of stuff.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:36 AM
mike97blazer2DR is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, thanks i found a cam on comp cams that i like...but i wanted to know if anyone knew wut the stock lift on the cam is...and i also wanted to know if anyone knows where i can find an aftermarket chip for the 97 4.3l engine, i have looked at hypertech but they dont make a chip only a programmer...does anyone else know of any other companies taht make chips for my engine it would be great....