Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

00 blazer engine removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default David Locke

Your project seems very similair to mine,both the engine and trans were trashed.From experience this project is going to be alot of work.If I had it to do all over again I wouldnt.Now for the encouraging words.IF your going to pull both do as suggested remove the core support grill and bumper.Remove your cross member for the trans and loosen and remove the motor mount bolts.Once you get all the hoses and wiring harness connections removed make sure you label them so you know where they go upon reassembly.Dissconnect your fuel lines.As for your exaust disconnect the Y pipe from the manifolds.You wont have to remove your front differential but its going to be tough getting the oil pan to clear it when you have your engine tilted up and working it our forward.If you have access to air utilise it to the fullest and make sure you have some map and a torche.Be prepared for every bolt and nut to fight you tooth and nail.They must have used alot of air pressure at the factory when they assembled these Jimmy`s.Also when you get the engine up its easier to disconnect the power steering pump lines rather than it still laying down inside the cradle.I did all mine the old fashioned way by hand.Another bit of advice dont buy another Jimmy with a blown motor and trans its going to cost you more $ than what its worth unless your are extemely fond and have faxiation with the Jimmy Blazer.Mine I rebuilt the engine ,had the trans rebuilt,new converter with a shift kit.Replaced all the brake and fuel lines and probaly have around 2k in this thing.I just hope its worth it when its all finished.

Last edited by 1sttimejimmyowner; 10-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Starting Member
54johnwillis is on a distinguished road

can someone tell me how to post a question

Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 54johnwillis
can someone tell me how to post a question
Go to the home page, find the section that fits your question for instance "second Gen tech" click on the section, then click on thread tools tab which is on the top right of the posts under the page numbers, then click post a new thread.

i thought there was a thread on this somewhere but i couldnt find it lol. There should be one if there isnt, and if there is then it needs to be in the new member area