Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

'01 blazer stalls at idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
dirtysnooker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default '01 blazer stalls at idle

I hope someone can help!!! I have a '01 blazer with 80k. It is off and on stalling out at idle.Stallsin the driveway in the morning, at red lights, and in parking lots. runs great at 1000+ rpm's.I have changed the air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs (even #3), and add injected cleaner. It seem to of fix it for acouple of days put now its back to its old tricks. getting tired of driving with two feet! I have noticed that at nightwhen the dashlights are on thatit looks like the gear and mileage is flickering? also one time driving down the highway the dash turned completly off for a second while themotor was running fine?I am lost!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Default RE: '01 blazer stalls at idle

Old 01-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any thought to checking the related threads below?

I guess I will start with a lot of basic of questions.

Any check engine light on? Have you cleaned the MAF sensor, Throttle body (including IAC valve), EGR valve (new gasket with integrated screen), or any other suggestions from other posts on the forum?

How about the possibility of water in the fuel? Have you tried any IsoHeat in the tank?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 AM

Thanks swartlkk.

I dont think it would be water. I have had this problem for 3 or4 tanks now. What do you think about the cam position sensor? i have a frind that think that might be it. But you sound like you might be on Dale Jr's pit crew so I wounder what you think about his recommendation?

Old 01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 01 blazer stalls at idle

Did all of the fuel come from the same station??

About the CMP, without actually hooking it up to a scan tool and having a look at what is going on, your friend is just suggesting things to suggest them. While it is possible, there are a lot of other things it can be. Most notably those that I have already mentioned. Have you cleaned the EGR valve and throttle body yet?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Beginning Member
buck is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you get your problem fixed?

A cam sensor will set a code if bad.

It sounds like a bad ignition switch! Pull the instrument cluster fuse in the interior fuse block and hook a volt meter to it (I used a fuse tap to accomplish this) drive it and monitor your voltage. It may take a minute or a few days to find out, especially if it is a random issue! If you get readings much below 12v then that would indicate a bad ignition switch.