Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

04 Blazer transmission problem...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 AM
dantheislandman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 04 Blazer transmission problem...

I was driving my 2004 Blazer, and all of a sudden, all of the lights/gauges on thedash flashed on and off & stopped working. Then a few seconds later, they all flashed again, started working...and the
service engine soon light came on, and the transmission shifted into 3rd gear and is staying there. All I have now is 3rd gear & reverse. Does anyone have any idea of what might have happened???
PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 AM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 04 Blazer transmission problem...

I cant say i had the tranny problem like that but in my g/f`s 99 caravan , she kept telling me the guages in her van were doing all kinds of strange things, everytime i drove it nuttin happened, she had one episode one night she called to say she barely made it home and into the driveway... When i got home took a peek at it and turned out to be the battery was bad it was the orig one from 99 ,i couldnt beleive it lasted that long... I replaced the battery no problems ever since

Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 AM

I replaced the battery & altenatorabouta month ago--so I think it might have something to do with the transmission module(computer). Seems like the tranny went into a safe mode and is staying in 3rd gear for some reason. I'm going to hook it up to a scanner on Monday and hopefully find out what happened!
If anyone has any suggestions or clue what it could be, PLEASE post it!! THANKS!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it will be easier after we know what code triggered the SES light to come on.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Yeah, it will be easier after we know what code triggered the SES light to come on.
I agree!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Default scanner code said:

Ran the scanner on the 04 Blazer this morning and it said it was: Shift Cylanoids
I'm going to check and see if maybe the wireswere loose...because the car is NOW shifting properly! Right before the lights flashed off and on and the tranny went into 3rd gear...I hit a bad pothole. Hopefully a wire is loose.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: scanner code said:

What was the code (Pxxxx) specifically? There are a few codes that deal with the shift solenoids.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM

I'm posting for my husband(Dan). He is at work right now, and when he calls at lunch I will get the code he pulled up & post it. Thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Ok. Let us know and we'll see how we can help!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

If all the lights and radio went out, I would look at the battery connections, starter connections, alternator connections. If they are loose and you kit the bump that will cuase the loss of power. Teh tranny thing is a reaction to it and I doubt where the trouble began. I thought I saw somwhere that the battery and alt were replaced about a month ago. Maybe one of the wires wasn't as tight as it should be. OR one of the battery cable is full of corrosion.

Quick Reply: 04 Blazer transmission problem...