Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1990 chevy Full size fuel injected blazer won't start unless i put gas in carb

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM
bryson_horton is on a distinguished road
Default 1990 chevy Full size fuel injected blazer won't start unless i put gas in carb

i have a 1990 chevy full size Fuel injected blazer and i recently replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump in it. Then it ran for about a month without any problems, then i took it out one day, it died, towed it home, and ever since then it won't start unless i pour gas into the carb. I can hear the fuel pump turn on when i turn the key and i took off the fuel filter and just connected the lines to see if that would work cause maybe the filter got clogged. but yet that still didn't work. i cleaned out the whole carb and put it back together. and it still wont' start up. its just not getting get up into the jets. does anyone have any ideas?? please help.!

/bryson horton
Yankees_101bkh@hotmail.com

Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I would check your fuel pressure. It is possible that there is a problem with the fuel pressure regulator in the throttle body. You will need to install an inline adapter to allow you to connect a fuel pressure gauge or just get the adapter and a screw in pressure gauge to leave in there permanently.

The TBI motor needs 9-10 psi for proper operation.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:17 PM
wollefdoog is on a distinguished road
Default 1990 GMC Jimmy fuel pressure

what is the required pressure from the pump for my 1990 Full size jimmy? I installed a fuel pressure gage and its reading 3 psi at the location of the fuel filter.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

it should be 10-13 if its tbi (2 injectors on top of "carb")

Time for a new fuel pump! ac delco or delphi ONLY!

Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM
steechfinger is on a distinguished road

Same thing is happening to my blazer. I dropped the tank today and the rubber hose that connects the pump to the sending unit in the tank had a hole in it + the little rubber gromit under the pump was melted. The old pump still worked fine but I replaced it and strainer anyways . It got dark before i could get the tank back in, but im sure its gonna start right up.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:23 AM
steechfinger is on a distinguished road

Started right up, and runs great, I was doing power-slides around corners and spinning the tires, I replaced my injectors they looked old, and rebuilt the tbi housing. the whole project took a couple hours and under $300 in parts