Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1994 4.3 Blazer running rough

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 1994 4.3 Blazer running rough

Just listing the potential problems that can result.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Just listing the potential problems that can result.
always a good thing

Old 01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Beginning Member
sarmikgar is an unknown quantity at this point

Back from AutoZone, picked up EGR gasket and new regulator. They did not have thefpr in stock and were not able to get a kit that contains the tool to remove the fpr(least it wasnt shown in picture of part)so I had to buy those separately and the fpr will be in for pick up tonight at 7pm.

EGR is cleaned out and back on with new screened gasket, cleaned out IAC valve for the heck of it, going to go pull old fpr off and then its just a waiting game for the new fpr to get to the store, hopefully will have things back together tonight to test.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:03 PM

Was it a Dorman or HELP! part? If it is, it does indeed come with the Torx security bit. I got mine at AutoZone - it's the only one they had listed.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Beginning Member

Brand name on the reciept says "Motormite".. I remember the AutoZone computer showed the Dorman part but it was listed as N/A for whatever reason.

Hoping the new fpr comes with the o-ring seal that I just found behind the old fpr when I pulled it off.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Beginning Member

Turns out it was the Dorman HELP! part, and the tool did come with it. Going to install everything and test now.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Excellent!

Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Beginning Member

Well no luck..

Still stumbles/misses as rpm's go up and has rough idle.

When I startedengine Ijumped out and beganfeeling the exhaust manifolds, it certainly seems like cyl. #1 is not firing, that part of the manifold remained cool enough to touch while the back half of that manifold was very hot to the touch as was the manifold on the other side.

Any suggestions appreciated, not real sure where to go from here aside from the MAP sensor, or possibly the EGR since those were the codes given. Need to figure out if #1 is firing or not, how would I go about doing that?

EDIT:
The owner had brought the vehicle to me saying that he thought #1 wasnt firing. He replaced the plugs, wires, cap and rotor after the problem started but prior to bringing it to me to look at.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
mrafindley is an unknown quantity at this point

do a compresion test

Old 01-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member

Dont have one [&o]

Tomorrow morning I am going to go try to get a fuel pressure tester and compression tester on loan from Autozone.

I ran the engine with the #1 plug wire on, and then with #1 pulled off and there was little to no differance in engine smoothness/missing that I could tell.

Also seeing alot of "wetness" coming from the tailpipe, and getting a "pop" here and there(like a small backfire)whenoff the throttle and rpms are comingdown while reving the engine to approx. 2500 rpm.

My diagnosis iscyl. #1 isnt firing and the wetness at the tailpipe is from the extra fuel not being burned, the audible pop that is heard is that extra fuel igniting in the exhaust somewhere.... but why is still unknown.

Will updatetomorrow hopefully after fuel pressure and compression test on #1.

Any other suggestions are very muchappreciated.

Quick Reply: 1994 4.3 Blazer running rough