Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1995 4.3l V6 Vortec SPUTTERING/MISFIRE on acceleration

Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Wow, thanks for catching that. Sorry about the bad input

Old 05-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to help out so I try call out those things that jump out at me when I'm browsing through the new posts when I do have a chance to jump on.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member
stephen5217 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for catching that! And thanks for all of your help everybody. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this all works out! If I buy the full injector assembly on rockauto do I need to buy the seal kit to, or will it already have that?
Right now I am planning on replacing the fuel injector (spider), pressure regulator, injector fuel lines, injector electrical connector, and possibly the seals.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Beginning Member

This is my cart

Attached Thumbnails 1995 4.3l V6 Vortec SPUTTERING/MISFIRE on acceleration-untitled.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The new spider will have a regulator. The line kit will include the o-rings necessary. You will need the plenum gasket, but other than that and the connector, that should be it.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Beginning Member

Do I have a problem if there is a little bit of oil in the intake manifold? I'm almost positive that it is oil.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Juandedios74 is on a distinguished road

Hello team,
New user here with a 98 jimmy having sputtering issues.Fuel pressure is good at 61 to 65.we just replaced the fuel pump and the ignition module.catalic converter is emptied out cause we thought it was clogged.now we are debating weather to install it or keep it out.here in FL we dont need it.please help.is it necessary to keep the converter?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Beginning Member

I don't know enough about catalytic converters to answer that, but my problem was the fuel pressure regulator/injector unit. Can you give some more details of how the sputtering was, and how it was driving?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member
Default The Solution

So I just realized that I never posted how the fix went, and all of that.
Anyway I ended up replacing the Fuel Injector/Regulator Spider, Fuel in/out line, Intake Plenum Gasket, Fuel Filter, and a few other small things. The real problem was the fuel injector unit. That fixed it, and increased my Fuel efficiency by 3mpg.
So if you have sputtering, and very jerky driving and inconsistent rpm's/idle then it is the fuel injector/regulator unit. When you replace that you should also replace the fuel lines in the intake manifold, and possibly the wiring. Both of those were very brittle and about to break in my engine.

Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
beliason is on a distinguished road

I have had the same problem on my 93 s10blazer. Do you have a vortex engine because if you do then it is the tubing that leads to the spider injection its not sitting right and leaking fuel or its the spider injecter itself. I just had it all worked on back in February. They do not sell the tubing you will need if that's the problem you will need to go to a junk yard and get the whole upper intake manifold or go online to eBay or something to find the part. But i had the same problem and i had the fuel pump and filters changed and i change the coil pack and the pick up coil. If the tubing is not seated right or the spider is bad you will not get a accurate reading when you check the fuel pressure. I went through that with the auto shop when they told me it was the fuel pump and it still did the studdering and dieing on me. Until I took it to another shop to get it fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1995 4.3l V6 Vortec SPUTTERING/MISFIRE on acceleration