Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1997 Oldsmobile Bravada transmission/shift linkage problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No, your transmission is full electronic control. There are no vacuum lines to the transmission itself.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Beginning Member
Dillon B. is on a distinguished road

Is there any type of module or something that would prevent it from being able to gear down with the shifter? If you dont have your foot on the gas, and shift it down, it acts like you put it into neutral.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing should prohibit manual gear selection. It sounds like there is something amiss inside the transmission if that is not working as it should.

Your best bet is to get it to someone that knows what they are doing. You can quickly cause a $50 + labor fix to be a $1000 + labor fix by attempting to repair it yourself.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Beginning Member
Dillon B. is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Nothing should prohibit manual gear selection. It sounds like there is something amiss inside the transmission if that is not working as it should.

Your best bet is to get it to someone that knows what they are doing. You can quickly cause a $50 + labor fix to be a $1000 + labor fix by attempting to repair it yourself.
Ok, so while taking my dad for a short rjde in it to show him what was going on with it, I quickly realized that the hesitation i thought i was feeling, was actually the engine running crappy. I know, i feel like a retard, lol. A new check engine code came up which was p0300 multiple cylinder misfire. Any ideas??? I bought new spark plugs (acdelco standard) and i am going to install my new coil.