Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1999 blazer Zr2 Transmission Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
icedown71 is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 blazer Zr2 Transmission Trouble

Tranny doesnt shift right, wont shift unless you take foot off the gas petal, also seem to of lost reverse gear, All came about when i was heading to hunting shack Tried to climb over small snowy bank got hung up at top, went to put in reverse to back off of it but no go.......Any Ideas???

Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have all 4 forward gears?

Old 01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
icedown71 is on a distinguished road

Yes all forward Gears work, i just recentely replaced motor, is it possible for there to be air in the lines, checked fluid today it is low, Is there vacuum lines that would cause it not to shift? Thanks for your help!!!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
celsigns is on a distinguished road
Talking I bought a lemon

I bought a 99 Chevy blazer in a very decent body condition no rust or dents, but when I tried to started it took a couple time to started, the lady told me that it need the the coil pack, so I believed her, but eventually I did changed spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor & a fuel filter, nothing has been change but worse, now the transmission do not shifted and it's running in a high revolution, I went to Auto Zone and the're scanned and found a misfired, other people "mechanics" said that spider in the fuel injection has to be done, and still don't know what to do specially that it's no budget, I know my scribbles it's hard to understand but if somebody got the picture I'll appreciate any information to lead me at any solution, the cluster it's like Christmas some time I bought a used in e-bay and I installed but still doing the same thing, so it's not the cluster either, the lady that I bought this vehicle told me that the car has just about 120 k but lately it shown 230k so I got screwed, but I still believed there it's hope, specially when ain't got no money, even if I do I pretty sure there a bunch
a dishonest people and I don't blame them people from Asia getting rich selling trash and we're getting poor buying it. So pretty please with a cherry on top if there someone to understand my frustration and lead me for a solution for my new acquisition "LEMON" I'm a sign maker, I make banners, lit-back sign, business card, custom logos Etc. I'll be happy to paid with my skill also I'll appreciate if somebody tell me to sell it for scrap metal, I'll take any advice.
Much Obliged, Carlos

Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Max_Power will become famous soon enough

Icedown I'd bet your sunshell is stripped . This gives no reverse, also make forward have no 2nd or 4th...So the truck goes "111111111111111 "backout" 33333333333333 bogs a bit 3333333 Lockup " What I'm saying is you have to back out for the trans to command the shift from 1 to 3 and youre feeling TCC as 4th. You can verify by trying to put selector in "2" after it makes a shift and see if it goes all the way back to 1st or feels like nuetral. Very common. Todd