Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2.8 to 3.4

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:53 PM
mr_jits is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2.8 to 3.4

Is the 3.4 a possible direct replacement for the 2.8? I need to either rebuild my little 2.8 or replace it and don't want the trouble of a V8 conversion.

Old 12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2.8 to 3.4

Not knowing your year...

Anyway, yes, the 3.4L is a common replacement for the 2.8L and I believe it is a direct drop in. There may be some modification to the wiring to extend connectors to the appropriate locations, but the mechanicals should work without a hitch.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:15 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 2.8 to 3.4

This should help explain it a little more.
http://www.s10extremist.org/tech_art...28to34swap.htm

Basically the 3.4L V6 is a 2putt8 that is bored out for 20% gain in power.