Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2002 Blazer reving really high

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
dixie1864 is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 Blazer reving really high

I have a 2002 4 door blazer that just recently had a new fuel pump put on.

Two weeks later it is reving way to high on take off, and driving in heavy traffic makes it seem worse, due to all the stopping and starting. The oil gauge goes way down then up to the middle the whole time I acelerate. It has never done this before as the oil gauge has always stayed on 40 while driving.

Could this have anything to do with the fuel pump? Transmission fluid level is fine, along with oil.

I would appriciate anyones imput as being female makes the whole "engine" thing seem a mystery most the time....

Thanks

Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

the oil gauge problem seems normal to me i know my oil guage will "bounce" around depending upon how heavy my right foot is. usually if you give your blazer gas the oil gauge will rise a bit and when your stopped at a light itll drop a bit below half but it should never go all the way down(unless your oil gauge is on its way out). you can always get an actual oil pressure gauge from the parts store to test the pressue(there should be a how to on the forum). the engine over revving seems like a torque converter problem but ill let someone with a little more knowledge tackle that issue.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So... By rev really high... Is that only when in 1st gear or is it every gear? Is it idling properly?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:43 PM

swartlkk,

Every gear sounds the same. As I was driving it I changed into 2nd and 3rd gear but it still sounded the same. It idles fine...it is only after I drive it to the first stop ( red light, etc.) that it starts. Then it happens everytime I come to a standstill in traffic or lights, etc. Hasn't overheated, and I have seen no light of any kind come on. It also feels like a lot of power loss when I am taking off as it does this. No way you could pass anyone or anything...

By the way thank you for the fast reply, along with Mikeinwi...

Old 06-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When you checked the transmission fluid level, was the engine running, fully warmed up, and parked on a flat/level surface?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 AM

Yes it was running, in neutral and on a flat surface, and I checked it as soon as I got back from trying to drive it on the interstate. I at first thought it was going into overdrive behind stopped cars in the congested traffic. But it still did it with every slow down or stop.