Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

2nd Gen blazer Xtreem-Overheating, No heat, No Vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Yohan is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd Gen blazer Xtreem-Overheating, No heat, No Vacuum

My blazer overheats within 10 miles of driving and That's from a cold motor, I have no heat, and when I start the motor there is zero change in my coolant level when the radiator cap is off as if there is no vacuum draw on the system. I can't find any leaks other than when it boils out when it's overheated. Do you guys think it's a bad water pump or heater core. I have already put a new thermostat in. And about 6 weeks ago my water outlet tube from my thermostat cracked and I put a new tube on then. Also I've tried jacking ps up and burping system any other advice would be great

Last edited by Yohan; 11-25-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-25-2017, 03:50 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Yohan
My blazer overheats within 10 miles of driving and That's from a cold motor, I have no heat, and when I start the motor there is zero change in my coolant level when the radiator cap is off as if there is no vacuum draw on the system. I can't find any leaks other than when it boils out when it's overheated. Do you guys think it's a bad water pump or heater core. I have already put a new thermostat in. And about 6 weeks ago my water outlet tube from my thermostat cracked and I put a new tube on then. Also I've tried jacking ps up and burping system any other advice would be great
I would first estabish whether the heater core was blocked by removing the hoses from it and running water through it with a garden hose. If you get flow through the core this way then it should be fine. If no flow, I would bypass the core and see if the overheating issue persists. If not, then the core was likely the problem. If still running hot, then I would suspect water pump failure. But do be careful not to get the engine too hot for too long. Hope this helps.