Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

4.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
mightymouse713 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4.3 swap

Will a 1997 4.3 motor drop in a 1994 Blazer w/4.3 Liter 4 wheel drive?
just curious

Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4.3 swap

Induction systems are completely different.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:03 PM

So, is the modification to make it work worthwhile? I have all parts available to me from the 97.
Thanks!

Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to integrate the '97 PCM into the older vehicle and that is even if it is possible to just do the PCM...

Your truck either has the TBI (round air cleaner) or CPI (large aluminum intake plenum with a black plastic cover and orange 'Vortec' lettering). Either of these fires the injector(s) in what is called a batch fire method where the SCFI (96+) motors use an injector for each cylinder and fire them sequentially. The electronics in your '94 wouldn't know what to do with the SCFI induction/injection system. Also, you would have to modify the exhaust to be able to have the required number of O2 sensors. Then there is the fuel line hook-ups.

You would be better off just using the long block and swapping over your intake and any other components that are different.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:25 PM

So I can use the longblock from the 97 and put all of my components on . That seems worthwhile since the engine is free.
Thanks!