Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

72 c-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Starting Member
bikertard is on a distinguished road
Default 72 c-5

I have a 72 Blazer, lowered, 2wd that has the original four(three cuz first is so low) speed.
I want to swap out the trans for something more streetable, a four speed would be nice, don't really much care for a five speed.
It has a 350 small block with a Air-Gap, a Holley 4160, Edelbrock heads.
Not a ton of engine work, but it has a bit of power.
What is a suitable four speed for this?
ALL opinions are welcome!

Attached Thumbnails 72 c-5-truck-smooth-black.jpg  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much any 4-speed from a GM passenger car would work. For a heavier truck, I would probably go with the Muncie M20 over the M21/M22 for the wider ratio spread which will help get the truck rolling in first better. You may have to change the driveshaft length depending on what you go with, but the list of options is nearly endless with the aftermarket bell-housings that can be purchased.