Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

94 S-10 Blazer.. Needing help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Yeah they usually don't come with anything Which i hate when we get motor jobs in at the garage i am just a simple replace parts kind of guy

Old 03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Beginning Member
deoverton is an unknown quantity at this point

Motor is completely unhooked, I will go into detail later but I can't figure out how to unbolt the power steering pump now so that's all that is holding me back... Any suggestions?

Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Remove the pulley using the proper puller. Then you will have access to the three bolts which hold it on. There are two other nuts that thread onto studs which hold the pump on as well. One is accessible from underneath and the other is just off the front edge of the exhaust manifold, but slightly lower. The one near the exhaust manifold can be fun do to the limited space available.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Beginning Member

so you don't have to take the bolt out of the front of the pulley that takes a hex key? Thats what was really confusing up on it and made us get to the stopping point.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is no bolt in the center of the hub. That is the end of the shaft. It should also be threaded further in the shaft. Get the proper power steering pump pulley puller and it will come off relatively easily.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
cb_murray is an unknown quantity at this point

I have spun a bearing on my 96. My local mechanic says that a crate motor is $1800 and the book gives 12 hrs for the job (so another $1000 labor). I have found crate engines online from $1400 to $2000, so he's in the ballpark.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Beginning Member

Sorry I havent posted in a while but being layed off from worked messed me up. Lol all the free time in the world but not enough gas to go do anything. I will be going today to finish up getting it out.

*UPDATE*

I put a puller on it and instead of coming off it dug down into it and now I am going to end up getting a new pulley. Anyone have any ideas of what could have went wrong or if I did something wrong or not?

Last edited by rriddle3; 04-09-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 04-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Depends on the puller... When you say that it dug down into it, what do you mean?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Beginning Member

I put a 3 claw puller on it and when I started to twist it with the wrench the claws bent the pulley in a little and the center bolt that bumbs up again the pulley and pushes on it as your wrench down on it is what started to dig into the center of the pulley

Old 04-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Beginning Member
brosko is an unknown quantity at this point

it sounds like you used the wrong puller for the job ..... heres a pic of the kind ya need

Quick Reply: 94 S-10 Blazer.. Needing help bad!