Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

94 S-10 Blazer.. Needing help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that is exactly what I have as well. Mine has a shorter pin in the center of the puller attachment. A three jaw puller will destroy the pulley every time.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member
deoverton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the picture or the puller I am just going to go to autozone and rent it tomorrow that way I can finish getting it out.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Beginning Member
Thumbs up

Alright we have the motor out and now body got hurt(bad) haha. Everything should go in alot easier than taking out since we kinda have a game plan now. I think the only problems we will possibly have are making sure all the sensors are hooked back up it the right places. As soon as I get some time I am also going to tear the engine apart to see what all went wrong inside of it. Since we are getting a junkyard motor I am going to take things that may be useful down the road like oil pan coil etc. I just wanted to thank everyone so far that has been so helpful in this and by saving us alot of money.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good! Glad you got it all apart. Ask up if you get any other questions along the way!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry its been so long since I have posted any progress, me moving and working longer, my dad losing his job and not being able to even afford the junk yard motor haha. Its one thing after another these days. He is more than likely just going to give the thing to me since I have worked on it so much and since he doesnt have the money to fix it and dosent want to see it go to waste. Any thoughts of ideas from here with a from scratch plan? A 350 was my first thought but with all the wiring and cooling issues for the bigger motor I don't know. Everyone throw me some ideas on this I would love to hear them.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Beginning Member
brosko is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

383 ... stroke it stroke it .. some nice ceramic headers etc etc ......

Old 07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

If you're trying to upgrade, I would definitely suggest the 350, because you could re-use a lot of the parts from your 4.3. Also, your existing transmission will hook right up to it without any problem. Just make sure you also pull the PCM out of the vehicle that donated the 350! And if your truck is a 4x4, it is preferable that the donating vehicle is also a 4x4. I forget exactly why, but I think it has something to do with the transfer case situation.

Also, the length of your driveshaft may change. There are machine shops that will do one for you for a pretty decent price, though. Just check your local area for that.

Last edited by Psychropod; 07-10-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added info about 4x4 v. 2WD.