Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

94 S10 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 PM
nlynd1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 94 S10 wont start

Hi all. I was hoping some one here will be able to tell me what i need to do to get my truck running.

First its a 94 S10 Blazer 4.3 CPI
It recently had a fuel line go bad so i replaced the feed and return line put in a new tank and new fuel pump. The truck wont start now. A friend on mine looked at it and said that the spider injection was bad. so i replaced it and the truck still wont start. It will run however on starting fuild all day long if you realy want to try it just won get gas into the motor its self past the injector. I would like to see a picture of the fuel pump with the turbes marked to as to which is feed and return just incase i hooked them up wrong but i dont think this is the problem the pump turns on and presurizes and i can bleed off pressure at the fuel line presure release shreader. Also all fuses and relays that i can find and check are not blown and seem to be good. So what do i need to check next. or if you have had this specific problem what do i need to fix.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:08 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 94 S10 wont start

Your injectors may be bad. Did you put new injectors in? You may want to try that 1st

Old 10-28-2007, 02:10 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here try and see if this helps

This is a write up on how to replace your fuel filter. This goes for Second Generation 2wd, 4wd, 4dr, 2dr, and ZR2 Blazers. It may work for earlier vehicles, but maybe slightly different. The process is similar for most vehicles too.

Tools needed:

∙ 16mm open end wrench
∙ 15/16" or 21mm open end wrench
∙ 13mm socket
∙ Pliers (to squeeze front fuel line fitting off)

First step is to relieve the pressure in the fuel system. There are two ways to do this. Personally I would use the first method since it is easiest and cleanest.

1A Go under the hood and open the main fuse block. You will need to locate the fuel pump relay and remove it. See the pictures below:

Make sure you remember the direction that the relay goes into the fuse block. Next go try to start your truck and let the engine starve for gas. Once it will no longer turn on, the gas line pressure has been relieved.

OR

1B Go under the hood and find the Schrader valve located behind the air intake and throttle body (see picture below). Take a flat blade screwdriver and depress the middle portion of the Schrader valve, make sure to catch the gas that will fly out of the valve with a towel or cup. Once the gas stops coming out of the Schrader valve, the fuel pressure has been relieved.

Second step is to jack up or raise the front of the vehicle and place jack stands and chocks behind the wheels.

Third stepis to start removing the nuts on the back side of the fuel filter. You will need two wrenches (a 16mm and 15/16" (or 21mm) open end wrenches). The larger wrench is just to hold the filter in place and then loosen the rear nut with the 16mm wrench. Once loose enough remove the rest of the way with your hand. Then be prepared with a container to catch the gas (a tin can from having canned vegetables works great).

[u][font="ti

Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM

Should have mentioned that, i already put a new fuel filter in, and i get pressure at the fuel pressure release valve on the motor, the injector is a used certified working part i replaced the oriinal with. i am not gettting pulses to the injector

Old 10-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need to verify the pressure at the fuel pressure test port. Should read 55-60psi.

If you have the proper fuel pressure to the spider, sounds like you may have not gotten a good electrical connection at the spider in the plenum.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:42 PM

what about the crankshaft posistion sensor, was just asking a mechanic friend of mine he said that it will cause the same problems i am experiancing right now as well as some of the symptoms i had before the fuel lines broke. she was running a bit ruff at idle as well as sometimes while driving, where would i locate the sensor on this particular motor.

also i will test the pressue but i am fairly certin its where it needs to be.