Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 Blazer cranks wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024 | 06:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So the lines were all spraying fuel when you pressurized the system? Sounds like a stuck open main injector then. I would disconnect the power feed to the injector and see if fuel continues to spray out of the poppet nozzles. If so, then the main injector is at fault and will need to be replaced. If fuel is no longer spraying out of the poppet nozzles after disconnecting the electrical connector to the main injector, then you need to start looking into the electrical side of the injector control circuit.

The injector should have +12V on the pink wire that is hot in run & crank with ground being supplied by the PCM/ECM on the dark blue wire. The black wire should not be grounded with the key off or key in run. It should pulse while cranking and when the engine is running. If it is grounded all the time, you have a wiring fault that is grounding this wire somewhere between the injector & the PCM or the PCM is faulty and continuously grounding the injector.

I am assuming you have the earlier 2 connector PCM because that is the first wiring diagram I could dig up from my archives. If your truck has a black aluminum housing on the passenger side inner fender on top of the coolant reservoir with three or more connectors, you have a later '95 and may have a different diagram than what I show below. If it is not there, then it should be inside the truck under the dash. Regardless, what I stated as to the wiring should hold true for either with the exception possibly being in the wire colors. You'll need to let us know what your PCM location is so we can find the relevant wiring diagrams for you if different than what I show below.

I believe that this diagram is for the 2 connector PCM that is located under the dash inside the passenger compartment:

1995 Engine Wiring Diagram

Old 08-06-2024 | 06:03 PM
|
Beginning Member
sh9tb5x is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
So the lines were all spraying fuel when you pressurized the system? Sounds like a stuck open main injector then. I would disconnect the power feed to the injector and see if fuel continues to spray out of the poppet nozzles. If so, then the main injector is at fault and will need to be replaced. If fuel is no longer spraying out of the poppet nozzles after disconnecting the electrical connector to the main injector, then you need to start looking into the electrical side of the injector control circuit.
is it possible to fix or clean the injector without replacing it? I did a quick search online and a replacement injector is a bit out of my price range. I will look at the electrical as soon as I can, thanks again for your help!

Old 09-07-2024 | 10:23 AM
|
Beginning Member
sh9tb5x is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sh9tb5x
is it possible to fix or clean the injector without replacing it? I did a quick search online and a replacement injector is a bit out of my price range. I will look at the electrical as soon as I can, thanks again for your help!
I've been searching all over but cannot find a replacement injector or a new nut kit. Does anyone know a good source to get those parts from? Or am I able to repair the injector by myself? Thanks again!