Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

95 blazer LT 4.3 V 6

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 08:36 PM
C Craft is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer LT 4.3 V 6

Here a while back I had a problem that I was convinced had to be a short in the steering column. Till I got on here and done some reading.

I would start the Blazer and once cranked while sitting in P the starter would kick back in. The first time it happened I like to soiled my britches as it won't stop till you shut it off or change the gear to R. Then as you proceed to D and go across N, it kicks in the starter again. I had never heard of this problem till I got on here and started reading and guy was talking about his doing it every time he went into overdrive! He even explained why it was doing it and the other problems created by transmission neutral safety switch. He even referenced a video on how to change the switch out!

So two weeks ago I changed mine out. The starter problems went away, lights that were out before worked. The birds sang and the sun rose and set and then WHAM!!

Two nights ago the problem comes back. The only reason I haven't done away with the ole gal is I can't afford to. My wife and I are on a fixed income due to illness. So I keep her going, even though she is turning 150,000 and is slowly nickel and dimeing me to death, she is my only transportation!!! Know what I mean!!!

Has anyone heard of a similar problem?? I can't figure out why in two weeks it has run like a charm and then all of the sudden the problem is back again. I know it could be a bad part but now I am beginning to wonder if it is something else.

My hope was to get her up and running again and either trade it or outright sell it. I guess I am getting tired of going off and not knowing if she is gonna bring me back. I mean h@ll she has a near perfect body and I have been kind of attached to her!!

Anyone got any thoughts on what is going on!!! Before I pronounce her!!!!

Old 09-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Wow, I was so hoping someone might have some insight on my problems!!

Does anyone else have a Love / Hate relationship with your Blazer!

Old 09-09-2017, 11:22 AM
Dmoney is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem check the starter relay might be going out

Old 09-09-2017, 08:57 PM

If I am not mistaken the 95 did not use a starter relay, it only has a starter solenoid which is attached to the top of the starter motor! The 96 is when they started using a starter relay!!

Gonna try tomorrow to take a look at the starter solenoid and see if anything appears to be wrong!

Old 09-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Dmoney is on a distinguished road

When's the last time you changed your starter?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 PM

Starter was put on new sometime this year. Without digging up the receipt I'd guesstimate about 4-5 months ago!!