Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

'95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 01:05 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tynan Tha Real Dill
Could this be my problem? It's the fuel line from the fuel pump to fuel filter and it's twisted
As newguy has already said a couple times. You need to fix that line before you try to "fix" anything else. That is choking your fuel supply to the engine. That could be the cause of the poor acceleration.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Yes, that's a problem. But since it's dry, it can't make the pump fail a leak down test. That's probably what smoked your pump.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Starting Member
Tynan Tha Real Dill is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChuckNTruck
As newguy has already said a couple times. You need to fix that line before you try to "fix" anything else. That is choking your fuel supply to the engine. That could be the cause of the poor acceleration.
Ok can I cut a line from another fuel system and connect where I cut it with some kind of line connector piece? If so what is it called and where can I get it?

Old 07-18-2017, 01:23 PM
chevy77 is on a distinguished road

1 foot steel fuel line and 1 compression fitting is all you need you can get it at any auto parts store

Old 07-18-2017, 01:25 PM
ChuckNTruck is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tynan Tha Real Dill
Ok can I cut a line from another fuel system and connect where I cut it with some kind of line connector piece? If so what is it called and where can I get it?
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...-filter-91472/

Old 07-20-2017, 09:15 AM
Starting Member

Ok I bought a fuel line repair kit and a tube cutter to repair the twisted line. I have no clue where to start cutting on my fuel line, and what about bending and flaring?

Attached Thumbnails '95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration-screenshot_2017-07-19-11-31-59.png   '95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration-screenshot_2017-07-19-11-30-16.png  
Old 07-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Starting Member

Where should I cut my lines ? Picture 1 or picture 2 ?

Attached Thumbnails '95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration-20170720_100001.jpg   '95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration-20170720_100054.jpg  
Old 07-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

First off I want to explain the comments to follow are not meant to be mean or belittling.
I totally admire your wanting to do your own repairs and understand the money issue completely. Just not completely sure you possess the required skills to do this repair. Based on previous questions ask. But this repair should be done by someone with the experience needed to do full line repair/replacement. The fuel system on this vehicle is under 60psi which is a lot. With the risk of fire from a improper repair it can become deadly and cause property damage. Please find someone qualified to do this repair. It won't be money wasted.

Brad

Old 07-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Transman304
First off I want to explain the comments to follow are not meant to be mean or belittling.
I totally admire your wanting to do your own repairs and understand the money issue completely. Just not completely sure you possess the required skills to do this repair. Based on previous questions ask. But this repair should be done by someone with the experience needed to do full line repair/replacement. The fuel system on this vehicle is under 60psi which is a lot. With the risk of fire from a improper repair it can become deadly and cause property damage. Please find someone qualified to do this repair. It won't be money wasted.

Brad
I understand and I appreciate ur concerns for my safety and my life, Thank you. But I don't have the money to pay anyone to repair it or a way to earn money without it...im all I got. The best I can do is ask questions in depth before I jump on it. And I'm think I'm ready now...

Old 07-20-2017, 09:01 PM
Starting Member

My fuel line has been leaking fuel for an hour now, how do I stop fuel from coming thru the lines? I pulled the fuse, relay, removed gas cap, and disconnected the negative battery terminal. Am I missing something or how can I stop it? I can't continue to cut with it leaking like that or should I let it drain all out?

Quick Reply: '95 Jimmy 4x4 Bad Acceleration