Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

96 4.3L blazer Multipul misfire code then death

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Mustgofaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 96 4.3L blazer Multipul misfire code then death

it was running however at lower RPM was misfiring then all of a sudden just died completely,I'm not newjust not formilar with with GM worked on Fords and imports for 20+ years can someone just give me some generals to look for so I don't have to go threw the entire book.Do the ECM go out much the code was hit and mis for about a year I guess the truck was given to my wife by her Auntie its a nice rig so if i need to put so money in to it I don't mind but I don;t have money to throw away either so what ever help I can get Thank You

Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Mustgofaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 96 4.3L blazer Multipul misfire code then death

what are some usual thing that give multipal randum misfire it still cranks fine just won't pop at all.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 96 4.3L blazer Multipul misfire code then death

Is the check engine light on? If so, have you had the codes read (Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc)? And if you have had them read, what were the specific codes (Pxxxx)?

As far as what could be causing this condition... There are many things that can cause a misfire at or near idle. By far, one of the most common things is carbon buildup in the EGR valve. This will cause poor idle quality and make the engine stall at random.

Other items to check would be the cap and rotor for wear and/or carbon trail buildup that could cause the spark to jump around. At night, take an old and thoroughly cleaned windex bottle and fill it with water, then at night, mist down the spark plug wires and watch for arcs. If you see any, replace the wires. Plugs... Well, whats a full tune up with out new plugs.

If you have access to a fuel pressure gauge, you should probably test the fuel pressure. You need 55-60psi for proper operation of your engine.

On a side note, olease try to use some punctuation in your posts as it will help us read them a bit easier. Also, please use the edit feature to add additional information/questions to your post if another member has yet to reply. Thanks.

Hope this helps!