Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

96 blazer shift solenoid REPLACED ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 03:25 PM
Starting Member
blazensu is on a distinguished road
Default 96 blazer shift solenoid REPLACED ISSUES

please advise, I REPLACE MY SHIFT SOLENOID/ IT WAS THE CROOKED ONE...HERE IS WHAT LEAD ME IN THAT DIRECTION... I USED MY TRUCK 4HI AND 4LO BACK N FORTH DURING A PULL-OUT ( MY SON CAR WAS STUCK ON TOP OF RAIL.FROM SLIDING ON SHEET OF SERIOUS ICE), SO IM PULLING AND SWIVERING I HEARD A POP FROM THE REAR AND I KNEW I MUST HAVE OVER TORQUE MY WHEELS TURNING AND HITTING THE 4 HIGH N 4 LO.ONCE I CLEARED HIM...MY TRUCK DROVE GREAT, ONCE THE WINTER WAS DYING DOWN IT SET FOR 2 MOS, ONE DAY IN SUMMER IM DRIVING IT AND ITS NOT ACCELERATING AT 35MPH UPTO 60MPH,,,, SO I PULL OVER AND ALL REVERSE IS WORKING, THE REMAINING GEARS ARE WORKING( DRIVING NORMALLY IN THE OTHER GEARS...SO WHEN I RETURN TO "d" TO PROCEED IN DRIVING THE BLAZER PRESSURE STALL AGAIN ..SO I DROP THE PAN, CHANGE SOLENOID BUT ONLY ONE THAT WAS CROOKED... BUT THE PROBLEM DIDNT WORK (I'M SAD) WORK...I NEED 2ND ADVICE...I TRULY DO NOT BELIEVE I NEED A WHOLE NEW TRANSMISSION OR IM IN DENIAL...I REVIEW SOME OF THE OTHERS SAME PROBLEM.. AND WENT TO CHEVY FOR TRANS SCEHEMATICS...SO CLOG/BLOCK SCREEN OR FRONT SPRAG...CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME TO A VIDEO THAT MAYBE I CAN DO IT MYSELF IF NOT AVAIABLE I CAN MAKE SURE IM NOT BEING RIPPED OFF AND I CAN ALLOW A LICENSED EXPERT TO DO THE WORK ACCOUNTABLE...IM REALLY NERVOUS ..

Old 01-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Transman304 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum, from what I can make of your post is that the transmission was in failsafe mode or stuck in third gear. What was the fluid condition when you dropped the pan to replace the solenoid? Was there any debris in the bottom of the pan or on the magnet? You also have to remember this is a 24 year old vehicle with many worn parts. Without proper diagnosis you would just be throwing money and parts at it and hope that it gets fixed.
Brad