Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

97 s10 blazer 4.3 runs ok for about 5 secs then stalls

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
soloprojekt is on a distinguished road
Default 97 s10 blazer 4.3 runs ok for about 5 secs then stalls

hi all.
new here so if i'm posting in the wrong spot or some other drastic issue i'm very sorry as i never post in forums but i'm finally totally stuck. there seems to be a lot of smart folks here so hopefully some one can help. for about a year my 97 s10 4.3 blazer has been running faulty. was afraid to do anything about it because it was running and i needed to run and i knew if i messed with it i'd ruin something. well it finally stalled out on me and now i'm at a loss. so far, i've replaced fuel pump, filter, the cps (crankshaft positioning sensor), air cleaner, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and egr valve. it runs for about 5 seconds then dies. it really acts like its running out of gas but i don't know. i'm not afraid to get my hands dirty but i need some direction. please help me! thanks all.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you think it's running out of fuel, have you thought to test the fuel pressure?

Old 02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I would seriously hope that you did check the fuel pressure before before throwing all them parts at it , but I didn't read that you did so I'm guessing no . Follow the link in swartlkks signature , and then you'll know where you stand . My 94 blazer had this same problem one time though and it took forever to trouble shoot , the problem with mine ended up being the wires that went to the spider assembly . They appeared alright , I had great fuel pressure , I did buy a new spider injector because thats what everything was pointing at . After putting the new spider assembly in the blazer started Drove to my friends house and it did it again , My friend wiggled the wires while I turned the engine over and it started right up and I barley made it home .

Old 02-11-2012, 09:02 PM
soloprojekt is on a distinguished road
Default thanks!

cool thanks guys. i figured a new fuel pump and filter would automatically fix any fuel pressure issues. i will follow that diagram and check it out. it's sub zero tempuratures (well, not litterally) but good god its cold so when it warms up even a bit i'll check it out. i'll also re-check the wiring at the spider. i appreciate the quick responses and i'll post my results either way. thanks again!

ps. what would be my next step if the pressure is faulty even with a new pump and filter? i think because it's got a computer (albiet old school) i automatically freak out. i have a 70 deville (computerless) and i can keep that thing running all day. fuel or spark! fuel or spark! lol.